What's new

Hand sanitizing stations

soapy

Reaction score
Has anyone added these yet to your car wash? I ordered some commercial grade stainless steel units so I can install a couple per location. I think 1 in front of the SS bays and one central to the vac islands. I think as we come out of this more and more locations are going to have to have these. I see the gas stations around here now installing them. I am installing the pump type rather than the wipes. I think the pumps will be less prone to abuse and I can lock the product inside.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone added these yet to your car wash? I ordered some commercial grade stainless steel units so I can install a couple per location. I think 1 in front of the SS bays and one central to the vac islands. I think as we come out of this more and more locations are going to have to have these. I see the gas stations around here now installing them. I am installing the pump type rather than the wipes. I think the pumps will be less prone to abuse and I can lock the product inside.
Pic / link please...........

soapy

Reaction score
I just ordered some from amazon. should be here tuesday 29.95 each. I did see a nice foot pump operated unit that came on a stand but they are sold out for a while.

wyatt

Reaction score
I’m selling individually wrapped nitril gloves from my vender for 50 cents. That’s the best solution I’ve come up with so far.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I’m selling individually wrapped nitril gloves from my vender for 50 cents. That’s the best solution I’ve come up with so far.
Are they selling? Might try that.

MEP001

Reaction score
One glove or a pair?

I've been finding lots of gloves on the ground lately.

wyatt

Reaction score
It’s a pair of them. I used to sell them but stopped due to low popularity.

I’m sure they’ll be popular now.

Don’t know if amazon has any but that’s where I originally bought them.

soapy

Reaction score
I finally have my dispensers installed. Basically they hold 40 oz. of product. Finding the hand sanitizer was the real struggle. I finally found a local Vodka plant that switched over to making medical grade hand sanitizer for the next few months. I really think you could just use a good grade of isopropyl alchohol. This is a typical install at my towels station and have some installed in front of the SS bays also. Decals should be ready it a couple of days. IMG_3789.JPG

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Soapy, can you post a link to the dispenser?

Here's some hand sanitizer for $35.00/gallon and free shipping (cases of four)

soapy

Reaction score
Greg, I used the ones linked above Alpine brand but did have some not work right out of the box and had to send some back. I got the the medical grade sanitizer here for $25 per gallon. It is 80% ethenol with a few added ingredients. Plus I can drive out and save freight.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As always soapy, You are thinking ahead and being proactive. Thanks for your great ideas.

I just ordered ten of these and hope they work. I have concerns about dripping and the alcohol possibly tearing up seals (if any) but I guess we'll see how they hold up. :https://www.webstaurantstore.com/la...vertical-liquid-soap-dispenser/712LSD40V.html

I just ordered some glycerin to add to my alcohol based liquid sanitizer in case it is too thin. From the same place I also ordered lemon essential oil to scent it:

https://www.chemworld.com/Two-Gallons-Glycerin-USP-p/cw-glycerinusp-2.htm?CartID=2

My chemical supplier has 99% isopropyl that he sells for a good price. I can add up to 33% glycerin and still only have $30/gallon in the mixture if necessary. As long as I keep alcohol content to greater than 65% it is supposed to kill covid in 30 seconds. I'm going to put them at my IBA pay stations, vacuum islands and considering putting one in each SS bay at the meter.

I think we will be dealing with this issue for a while, (eighteen months or so) and I think this is probably a good move. Right now I'm just going to install them at one wash and see how they go. Shouldn't cost too much in the scheme of things.

soapy

Reaction score
I think you are doing the right thing Greg trying to stay in front of things. You might want to order some decals to put on them so people will know what they are. I installed mine so one is in the back of the wash by my towels stations and and one in front of the SS bays for now.So far I have not had any problems with the dripping issue of the straight thin alcohol.

soapy

Reaction score
I am getting ready to vend these 1.7 oz bottles of hand sanitizer. Sourced locally at a cost of $1 each and I plan to vend them at 2 or $3. IMG_3820.JPG

soapy

Reaction score
I have seen people using the sanitizers. I checked them this morning and have used less than a cup of the straight liquid sanitizer so it is pretty inexpensive to offer.

Randy

Reaction score
I am getting ready to vend these 1.7 oz bottles of hand sanitizer. Sourced locally at a cost of $1 each and I plan to vend them at 2 or $3. View attachment 1456
I'd sell them for $3 a pop. It's almost impossible to find hand sanitizer here. There are a few distillery's that are making it for hospitals, nursing homes etc. not for the general public.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I'd sell them for $3 a pop. It's almost impossible to find hand sanitizer here. There are a few distillery's that are making it for hospitals, nursing homes etc. not for the general public.
After searching all over the country for a company that could supply BOTH the dispenser and the sanitizer, we actually were referred to a local distributor who supplied both -- the dispensers (we bought 2 and put 1 at ea. vac for our small 2-vac island) were no charge, but they get you with the sanitizer which comes in plastic packs that fit into the dispensers. A case of 6 cost about $67.00, and is the only pack that will fit that brand of dispenser. Each pack gives you about 1,600+ shoots. I don't mind paying this because it will now be easier to get refills (I can just call the rep and they'll deliver another case) when needed and it makes me feel so much better knowing our customers are a bit safer. The sanitizer itself comes out in a foam and has a nice citrus smell. I'm pleased with them so far and see people using them and have told me how grateful they are for it. The manufacturer is Betco.