What's new

Hand Held Dryers

Timm40

Reaction score
I have a customer that was asking about air chamois/hand held dryers for his self serve bays. I personally don't have any experience installing or servicing them. There are two versions he is looking at, the 3 phase motor style and the 3 single phase motor type. I'm sort of looking for pros and cons of each and which would be better for the long haul.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have the 208 single phase 3 motor style and have been pleased with them the motors last about 2-3 years under hard use. Instailing some now at a wash. Just have to have 24v signal from coin box and 4 wires 10awg wire and 20 amp double pole breaker from equipment room to each bay. I recommend using threaded rod to mount all the way through bay wall & the carolina pride style nozzel and air logic makes the same style also no matter what set up you get. There all straight forward instail.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have the Diskin single motor - about 3 years - no issues.

Mchas

Reaction score
I have both the 3 phase and the single phase with 3 small motors. If you have the option of 3 phase they are MUCH better. You never have to do anything. For the single phase version I have probably replaced 5-10 of the motors over the last few years and have to replace the motor brushes every so often too.