What's new

Hamilton XE validator issue

sparkey

Reaction score
I just replaced a bill validator with a rebuilt validator that I got back from hamilton from repair. It seems to shut down quite often from the tamper prevention option that these bill validators have. For the time being I set the disable timer to zero because I can't afford the thing shutting down all the time when cars are lined up. I know hamilton says to make sure the validator is secured which it is, all the screws are tight. My question is how does the validator determine if someone is trying to cheat it? Is this disable timer more trouble than its worth?

Randy

Reaction score
There are 8 sensors in the bill path, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom that are looking for certain things on the bill, if it doesn’t see those or it sees more than it should, the validator will shut down. There is also a side scan sensor on the front of the validator that looks across the bill path, if it sees anything other than a bill in the bill path the validator will shut down.

With the v3.60 software you want to make sure the sensitivity level of the validator is set at “2” or normal for an outdoor application. You can set the inhibit timer or shut down timer to whatever you’re comfortable with, factory default the validator is set at 5 minutes. These security settings are there to protect you from stringing and should be used. If you just got the validator back I’d call Hamilton and talk to them.

The thumb screws on the side of the validator meant to only be hand or thumb tight. I get validators in that the thumb screws are over tighten, the only purpose of the thumb screws is to close the bill track to the frame.

carwash11147

Reaction score
The easiest way to fix this problem (if your not using token notes) is replace it with a mars validator. You will never have a bill acceptor problen again.