What's new

Hamilton XE problems

bert79

Reaction score
Switching out an XE validator this weekend for a Mars with the conversion kit on our ACW4. Of course yeaterday the XE v3.6 keeps shutting down while customers are using it. It shows either 1.6 or 6.9 (sometimes one sometimes the other). I cleaned and calibrated the optics and side scans. Not sure where to go from here except have it serviced. Soooooo glad we are replacing this garbage. It's only been in service for two years and looks brand new inside. Along these lines I may be able to borrow one locally to get me by but are there any issues if it is an older version?? Thank you

waright

Reaction score
if you get it serviced, have them turn the validator shutdown times to 0. otherwise the 6.9 error will stop validtor from accepting money for 5 minutes. it thinks it trying to get cheated.

water guy

Reaction score
We are changing our bill acceptor to Mars as well. We just took out a bill acceptor out of the box from getting it back from Hamilton and it looks like they never touched it now Im getting faults without having a red-light on outside. Called Hamilton again yesterday and they had me calibrated the optics.I guess will see whats next. Well I think where gonna have 4 Hamilton bill acceptors forsale

Expat

Reaction score
Our supplier changed the optics we use, but there is a programming update to fix these issues - version 3.62. Sorry for the inconvenience!

bert79

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on this issue as it may help someone else. Being fairly new to car wash ownership (we've been up and running for just over two years now) I have learned a lot along the way. I will continue to learn. My Dad and I own the wash together and we both are learning about every aspect of this business. One thing I learned recently is that XE validators need to be serviced more regularly than what I have been. We installed this XE into our ACW4 when we opened two years ago. I have been regularly cleaning it every since. It has caused us very few issues along the way, until about a month ago when it began to shut down while customers were entering money and we were getting the codes cited in my original post. After speaking with Darryl at Changetec (our local Hamilton Distrubutor) I learned that these units really need to be serviced more often. Really on a yearly basis. I am not one to slack on regularly servicing equipment, but in this case I simply did not realize that they needed to be serviced this often. We ended up having our existing validator serviced and bought another for a spare. We learned that the XE we had serviced was water damaged which was causing the our issues. We are not going to install the Mars retrofit kit for this unit as we intend to replace it within about a year and a half with a new Hamilton unit (Goldline or Commander). When we do this we will likely have a Mars validator installed by the factory. If anyone is in need of a Etowah Valley Mars retrofit kit for an ACW4 please let me know. Thank you all for your responses. The cheating attempt code will likely still be an issue I think changing the shutdown time to 0 will likely solve the issue. Thank you all again. You have been so very helpful to us and we are truly grateful.