What's new

Hamilton Unit from the 1800's???

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Hi, Can someone please advise me concerning this unit? I cannot find a model or serial number. I know it is old and it started getting quarters stuck in the area I marked. I tried making adjustments but the problem kept occuring. I sent it to Hamilton but they sent it back saying it is too old. I purchased a new one but I would really like to repair this one so that I have a back up unit. Does anyone know of an old retired technician who does this on the side or a carwash owner who does his own repairs or maybe just know of an easy fix? Like I said, it isn't my primary unit but man I sure would liek to have a backup. Thanks for the help and please don't laugh too hard when you see these photos! IMG_8303.jpg

Attachments

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That hopper was discontinued in the late 80s. Parts have long since dried up, and I would be surprised if you could even find a used one. Watch for a used square hopper, and Randy can probably help you get converted to the current style.

Jsobi

Reaction score
Contact Burl at Xcel electronics 630-932-4234. He cut his teeth on those hoppers and can still fix.

Randy

Reaction score
Contact Burl at Xcel electronics 630-932-4234. He cut his teeth on those hoppers and can still fix.
The problem is parts, there aren't any new ones left. I might have a few in the scrap pile, but that's why they are in the scrap pile, no parts. I fixed them for a long time after they were discontinued from ones I scavenged parts from. It got so labor intensive that I no longer fix them.

Etowah