What's new

Hamilton HTK mobile app worth the price?

tylerwash

Reaction score
Hello,

What’s your experience with the HTK mobile app?

I’ve been using the HTK pay station for a couple of years with the silver subscription. But what it offers is very limited.

Last check it cost 6k to have the app developed that offer many more features such as monthly wash clubs and royalty rewards. How does it compare to Dencar, Everwash and other app based apps?

Thank you

Roz

Reaction score
We have the app. Works fine but do not expect it to sell your wash. Still takes marketing. We have about 1000 downloads of our app but revenue is maybe $2000 per month. Depends on your customer base.
We use the app with our Goldlines.

tylerwash

Reaction score
We have the app. Works fine but do not expect it to sell your wash. Still takes marketing. We have about 1000 downloads of our app but revenue is maybe $2000 per month. Depends on your customer base.
We use the app with our Goldlines.
I've been selling wash bundle with the HTK - not impressive at all. A customer buys the bundle from the pay station and it just prints out a receipt with a barcode so he can use it for a certain # of times. On a good month, we sell around 30 bundles.

Because I don't find too many topics related to the HTK mobile app in this forum, I guess most folks are leaning toward other third party apps or different pay stations when selling the monthly membership program.

It seems Dencar has done a decent job integrating the membership program into its pay station. I was hoping the HTK could match or does better than Dencar's due to its higher premium pricing.

Last edited:

RSmith

Reaction score
Because I don't find too many topics related to the HTK mobile app in this forum, I guess most folks are leaning toward other third party apps or different pay stations when selling the monthly membership program.

It seems Dencar has done a decent job integrating the membership program into its pay station. I was hoping the HTK could match or does better than Dencar's due to its higher premium pricing.
I have been wanting to make the switch to Hamilton from the aforementioned. I got my quote back last night for 3 HTK, 3 DAN Transaction Terminals, 9 DTT Controllers, 3 LRP Cameras, 3 DAN Econo G5, 3 Hamilton base kits, 3 wraps, 3 gold subscriptions. Came out to $180,000 or $60,000 per site in my case. I'm not understanding where the value-add is to justify the price over the Commander. The reason I wanted the HTK was to eliminate quarters since the Commander does not give bills for change. I was also quoted $4k for the app if that helps your original question.

Although, I paid to have my own app with D and now they have discontinued updating it, and switched me over to the singular app for all of their customers. The worst part about it is when my customers go to download the new app (they cant update CC information or anything with the old app) they are greeted with a 2.7 star rated app (I've given it 5 stars from 7 devices/accounts on my own so the number is worse still).

tylerwash

Reaction score
I have been wanting to make the switch to Hamilton from the aforementioned. I got my quote back last night for 3 HTK, 3 DAN Transaction Terminals, 9 DTT Controllers, 3 LRP Cameras, 3 DAN Econo G5, 3 Hamilton base kits, 3 wraps, 3 gold subscriptions. Came out to $180,000 or $60,000 per site in my case. I'm not understanding where the value-add is to justify the price over the Commander. The reason I wanted the HTK was to eliminate quarters since the Commander does not give bills for change. I was also quoted $4k for the app if that helps your original question.

Although, I paid to have my own app with D and now they have discontinued updating it, and switched me over to the singular app for all of their customers. The worst part about it is when my customers go to download the new app (they cant update CC information or anything with the old app) they are greeted with a 2.7 star rated app (I've given it 5 stars from 7 devices/accounts on my own so the number is worse still).
The HTK wasn't cheap even before the pandemic. I should have opted for the the Commander as the majority of the transactions are CC. Back then, it's $15K difference between the HTK and the commander.

I drove by a nearby express tunnel equipped with the latest HTK pay stations few days ago. But it seemed weird to me they used Everwash to sell their monthly membership program. I thought the HTK got all the bells and whistles.