What's new

Hamilton HTK bill validator issues..

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
Hello!

We are currently having issues with our bill validator that is very annoying. I was hoping someone has dealt with this issue before.
We have had our validator(s) in for service multiple times and we've reset the sensitivity multiple times. For some reason, they keep shutting down, thinking our customers are trying to do something shady. This leads to confusion and pandemonium among our customers on busy days and I've taken to sitting and watching the cashier all day to make sure that nothing goes wrong. Which kind of defeats the point of having an auto cashier in the first place.

Our area is a lot of cash business, so I am not able to get rid of the cash option, even though I just implemented Everwash.

Anyone have any experience with this? We've talked to Hamilton before about this and they don't seem to have any ideas.

Thanks

bert79

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is a common issue with the XE validator, which I assume is what you are running. We found the best way to avoid is to have a few validators that you can switch out if one isn't working. Keep them spotlessly clean and don't overtighten the screws after cleaning. Have them serviced regularly. About once a year. Also switch them out at regular intervals because they do not like to sit on the shelf for too long. We too had some that would think the customers were trying to cheat it when they were not. It was incredibly frustrating.

Randy

Reaction score
When was the last time it was serviced? What version is the validator? Are you getting bills stuck on top of the stacker pusher plate? What is the error code on the side of the validator when it shuts down?

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is a common issue with the XE validator, which I assume is what you are running. We found the best way to avoid is to have a few validators that you can switch out if one isn't working. Keep them spotlessly clean and don't overtighten the screws after cleaning. Have them serviced regularly. About once a year. Also switch them out at regular intervals because they do not like to sit on the shelf for too long. We too had some that would think the customers were trying to cheat it when they were not. It was incredibly frustrating.
Not letting them sit too long on the shelf is a good point. I think that might be part of the issue. Its really unbelievable that they can get away with making such bad parts. The bill validators on my PDQ Access machines work 24/7. These are truly bad and they're probably driving away customers.

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
When was the last time it was serviced? What version is the validator? Are you getting bills stuck on top of the stacker pusher plate? What is the error code on the side of the validator when it shuts down?
Like I just mentioned to Bert, the one thats currently in our HTK has been sitting for a while now. But we do send them in for service pretty regularly. No bills are getting stuck anywhere. It just shutting down because someone has tried too many times to insert a bill that it doesn't like. Or at least thats what it seems.

Its an XE v3.62 DISP 2.0. Not sure what the error code is, i would have to ask my guys next time it happens.

Randy

Reaction score
Like I just mentioned to Bert, the one thats currently in our HTK has been sitting for a while now. But we do send them in for service pretty regularly. No bills are getting stuck anywhere. It just shutting down because someone has tried too many times to insert a bill that it doesn't like. Or at least thats what it seems.

Its an XE v3.62 DISP 2.0. Not sure what the error code is, i would have to ask my guys next time it happens.
I know exactly what the problem with your validators. If the validator is shutting down because there are to many bill rejections then set the internal validator timer to Zero.

OurTown

Reaction score
I was thinking you can also change the sensitivity to allow worse condition bills resulting in less rejects.

Randy

Reaction score
Hey Randy, Can you tell us how to set the internal timer to zero?
When you purchased your XE validator or had it serviced you should have gotten a sheet of coupons and a 2 page instruction sheet titled “Setting the Sensitivity level in the XE validator” This document gives you the instructions and all the training coupons to adjust the timer and the Sensitivity settings of the XE validator.

Zal

Reaction score
Thanks Randy,
I found it since you reminded me.
Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for good advice as always!

MEP001

Reaction score
I believe you can order the HTK with a Mars or Coinco, shows how much faith Hamilton has in their own validators.

Roz

Reaction score
If you have not received the HTK you can ask Hamilton to sell you the MARs version. Much more reliable. If you already have a HTK you can ask them about the mars retro kit for the HTK. KR may sell them at a discount as Hamilton will charge you retail pricing.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
If you have not received the HTK you can ask Hamilton to sell you the MARs version. Much more reliable. If you already have a HTK you can ask them about the mars retro kit for the HTK. KR may sell them at a discount as Hamilton will charge you retail pricing.
Bill Acceptors US has them the new Talos for about half the price. plug and play same as the 2000 series.