What's new

Hamilton Goldline swap over to Cryptopay.. Pros and Cons?

Etowah

fastlx

Reaction score
Just want to get the good and bad for changing over the Hamilton Goldline to Cryptopay. I have cryptopay already on my bays and vacs. Never really any issues. The older goldline keeps having issues, phone line problems, credit cards not batching and locking the system down ( for days while I was on vacation). Now the Hamilton guys are great but would you swap over just to eliminate the headaches of the older dial up system... are the fees between worldly and TSYS close?

One thing is that I do have the keypad on my goldline and use it to give a code for a free wash to people sometimes? It appears the new retro kit from Crypto pay eliminates this?

Please let me know your opinions. I really appreciate it.

DPD36

Reaction score
I converted two goldlines to cryptopay about 2 years ago. On our old machine we still use the keypad if a customer has a problem. Our newer machine can be triggered remotely.
Only issue I've had was one of the goldlines was not registering all of the pulses from the swiper. The problem was a bad connection on the goldline, not an issue with the swiper.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm doing this soon as part of my upgrade to a razor IBA. I will let you know…

fastlx

Reaction score
I'm doing mine tomorrow, hopefully the swap out was fairly quick. Kuddos to Hamilton.. Their service is great, Saturdays etc... just the damn dial up and modem is what drove me to the cryptopay. This month alone I've lost 10 plus days with CC processing problems. I ordered the kit UPS Red from Kleen-Rite. I will let everyone know the swap out, since I'll be using my keypad I'll have to cut the lexan.. Easy..

Wondering if i should have added the tap to pay while doing it? Waxman and Greg was that considered?

Expat

Reaction score
I'm doing mine tomorrow, hopefully the swap out was fairly quick. Kuddos to Hamilton.. Their service is great, Saturdays etc... just the damn dial up and modem is what drove me to the cryptopay. This month alone I've lost 10 plus days with CC processing problems. I ordered the kit UPS Red from Kleen-Rite. I will let everyone know the swap out, since I'll be using my keypad I'll have to cut the lexan.. Easy..

Wondering if i should have added the tap to pay while doing it? Waxman and Greg was that considered?
Did you consider just doing a high-speed conversion with Hamilton? FYI, the keypad will still work for full washes, but Cryptopay doesn't recognize discounts (either via coupon codes, or Tokenotes). None of their hardware, including the tap device, is EMV-compliant either (the tap is still MSD).

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you consider just doing a high-speed conversion with Hamilton? FYI, the keypad will still work for full washes, but Cryptopay doesn't recognize discounts (either via coupon codes, or Tokenotes). None of their hardware, including the tap device, is EMV-compliant either (the tap is still MSD).

Could you give us some real stories where Cryptopay had fraudulent issues? It does not seem to be an issue. Maybe in the future it will? I'm not saying Cryptopay is anywhere near perfect but when you look at all our options it always seems to be the best for most washes.

Expat

Reaction score
You'd have to speak with Cryptopay for that information, we have no relationship with them.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
In the past I know the dan system had issues an of course the cost. I think that's what hold people back.

fastlx

Reaction score
thanks for the information. Hamilton has been great, but I had some bad credit cards get swiped or something and it locked up the machine for a week. Of course I was on vacation, the service guy ( on a saturday) did get me up and working again. But to lose a week of revenue was hard to swallow. So you say that for example if I have a discount code that people can enter on the keypad the Crypto wont recognize it but it will still acknowledge a full wash code? for example if my main wash is $14.00 and I have a code to give a $14.00 credit it will still allow the main wash. But a $2.00 off code number wont work?

Thanks

Expat

Reaction score
thanks for the information. Hamilton has been great, but I had some bad credit cards get swiped or something and it locked up the machine for a week. Of course I was on vacation, the service guy ( on a saturday) did get me up and working again. But to lose a week of revenue was hard to swallow. So you say that for example if I have a discount code that people can enter on the keypad the Crypto wont recognize it but it will still acknowledge a full wash code? for example if my main wash is $14.00 and I have a code to give a $14.00 credit it will still allow the main wash. But a $2.00 off code number wont work?

Thanks
If the coupon code being entered on the keypad is for the full value of the wash, or if it's configured to automatically fire a specific wash, you shouldn't have issues. And yes - if you created a coupon code for a $2.00 discount, Cryptopay would not recognize this and charge the customer the full price.

If you use Tokenotes for discounts, these will be rendered useless.

fastlx

Reaction score
Ok. Got ya. I don't use token notes. I tried a coupon and only had 3-4 use the code so not worth it. I should be ok since I will just set up four different codes for each wash amount 8, 10, 12, and 14.

fastlx

Reaction score
No one from Hamilton ever mentioned a better option for me to go to beside dial-up that I have now, I would have considered it..

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Washgear is also a good option. We now have it at 4 sites and all of our acw’s have been converted from dial up to this. I like being able to do in house fleet and gift and refund to customers cards right from our office computer with Washgear’s software.