What's new

Hamilton Goldline lost memory

OurTown

Reaction score
I powered down our Goldline today to remove the hopper. When I powered it back up the display stated something to the effect of "erase all memory?". Then it read "memory erased" or something like that. It appeared to go back to factory default and all our prices and other things were not right. I called Hamilton and they said it needed the battery replaced on the controller and they had to replace it. Does all this sound right?

Randy

Reaction score
If your lucky some of the G/L controllers the battery was socketed in. I just checked my rental G/L controller and the battery is socketed in that one. Take the controller out and look on the back side and see if the battery is socketed in, it's next to the EPROM. Reinstall the controller and try reprogramming it and see it it'll work for a while longer.

OurTown

Reaction score
I did not have time to remove the controller today knowing that it will require reprogramming after powering it back up. The wash names and prices were still good today so until it loses power we should be okay. We are supposed to have an ice storm tonight so it is possible we will lose it. If the battery is socketed in then does it mean I can buy one and just pop it in? Is the other type of battery installation soldered in and if so why does Hamilton insist that I will ruin the board If THEY do not replace it? How long do these batteries typically last and does sitting shorten their lifespan? The reason I ask is because I think we have a spare controller in storage that I was told has not been used in six or more years.

Randy

Reaction score
I did not have time to remove the controller today knowing that it will require reprogramming after powering it back up. The wash names and prices were still good today so until it loses power we should be okay. We are supposed to have an ice storm tonight so it is possible we will lose it. If the battery is socketed in then does it mean I can buy one and just pop it in? Is the other type of battery installation soldered in and if so why does Hamilton insist that I will ruin the board If THEY do not replace it? How long do these batteries typically last and does sitting shorten their lifespan? The reason I ask is because I think we have a spare controller in storage that I was told has not been used in six or more years.
I sent you a PM

OurTown

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to swap the controller with the spare. The spare's battery is obviously good because it still had its programming in it. The old controller did not look like it was ever messed with or at least not by Hamilton that relabels them when they do. The old one was v2.0 and the newer one is v4.0 and refurbished in 2013 but I'm not sure what the difference is. Just for curiosity where is the battery in this thing? Is it the chip that is just below the white Hamilton v4.0 label? It doesn't show on the photo but it is printed on it that it contains lithium.

GL controller.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
The battery pack is in socket "U35", it’s next to the EPROM chip “Hamilton GL ACW V4.0” You want to get a “M48T35-70PC1.