What's new

Hamilton Gold Line

chaz

Reaction score
Hi All. It’s cold here and that may be part of issue? My Gold line with Mars validator is having a recurring issue of not wanting to take bills. Two flashes on mars is errror code “disabled from system”. Power down and works for a while then same issue.

Hamilton had me unplug and replug cables 7&8 and also harness for mars. I’ve also switched validators. Hamilton says I may need a $200 eprom software update. That doesn’t seem to make sense plus they are closed till Tuesday. Credit and coin no issues. Thoughts???

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the problem you're having but I had 2 gold lines doing something similar to this. They wouldn't take bills and when you reset it they would take a few bills then stop. I was watching the distribution or relay box and the enable light (I think it was) goes out while it processes the bill then should light back up. Mine was staying unlit and would disable the acceptor. I sent the box in to Hamilton and they said nothing was wrong so I started thinking it over. There is an orange relay on the back of the box mounted on the board and it was sticking and that was disabling the acceptor. I ordered a couple and soldered them on and they've been working great for a while now. You can hear the relay click when you put a bill in and it processes. Might be worth checking to see if that's the problem.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Yip, Relay pan (as mentioned). Had the same issue with every Goldline Plus we have ever installed. The relay that disables the validator is acting up. They should have known to replace it...

Randy

Reaction score
I just check the weather in Cincinnati, Ohio and 4 degrees tonight is a little too cold for me. I’d try putting a light bulb or a small cube heater in the bottom of the ACW. Also try setting switch #6 to On the validator to “Always enable”. Only problem with this is if the ACW shuts down the bill validator will continue to accept bills. It could be the temperature is just too cold for the Mars validator. The recommended Operating temperature of the Mars validator is 5° F to 140°. The cold weather could be causing the relay pan to act up.

chaz

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes very cold tonight. I’ve been having this issue the past week or so...cold but not like it’s gonna be tonight.

Can I just plug a light into outlet in the ACW?

Are you guys saying Hamilton should have the relay and know what one to swap out? Is it an easy to source relay??

Tks

Randy

Reaction score
Yes you can plug a 100 watt bulb into the outlet inside the ACW, just be sure that it doesn't draw more than about 5 amps. Hamilton will probably not sell you the relay if it's something that is soldered on the the distribution board. Most people I deal with just send in the distribution/relay pan to be repaired.

chaz

Reaction score
Yes you can plug a 100 watt bulb into the outlet inside the ACW, just be sure that it doesn't draw more than about 5 amps. Hamilton will probably not sell you the relay if it's something that is soldered on the the distribution board. Most people I deal with just send in the distribution/relay pan to be repaired.
Hope it’s the cold. If it’s the relay board, I guess I’ll need to order a spare first so I’m not down.

Randy

Reaction score
Hope it’s the cold. If it’s the relay board, I guess I’ll need to order a spare first so I’m not down.
I'd keep my fingers crossed that it is the cold. The list price of a distribution board is $490.00. I don't of anyone who keeps a spare distribution board, they are pretty reliable.

chaz

Reaction score
Hi Randy

So are u saying Dip switch on the mars to always enable will be a good (short term) fix If the heat doesn’t help. If I understand above, the mars will then always take $...does that mean it will always credit the $ unless the ACW goes down for other reasons?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Hi All. It’s cold here and that may be part of issue? My Gold line with Mars validator is having a recurring issue of not wanting to take bills. Two flashes on mars is errror code “disabled from system”. Power down and works for a while then same issue.

Hamilton had me unplug and replug cables 7&8 and also harness for mars. I’ve also switched validators. Hamilton says I may need a $200 eprom software update. That doesn’t seem to make sense plus they are closed till Tuesday. Credit and coin no issues. Thoughts???
Today, laptops, cell phones, i-pad, MP3’s, POS, and similar technologies have useful life of about 5 to 7 years.

So, why don’t you step up to HTK automated transaction kiosk so you can improve and grow your business through technology?

I showed my daughter a picture of Goldline. She said it looked ancient like me. LOL

chaz

Reaction score
As always Robert thanks for your great advice?!

FYI....the Hamilton Gold Line is a work horse of an ACW and IS a current offering (along with the HTK). The Goldline and the DAN system are fully supported by Hamilton.

Randy

Reaction score
So are u saying Dip switch on the mars to always enable will be a good (short term) fix If the heat doesn’t help. If I understand above, the mars will then always take $...does that mean it will always credit the $ unless the ACW goes down for other reasons?
If you move switch #6 to “Always enable” the Mars AE2602 validator will continue to accept bills and give credit. If you move switch #6 to “Always enable” and you still get a 3 flash error “Disabled from system” you’ve got a problem with the Mars validator. If for some reason the ACW goes out of service, inbay automatic error or a ACW error, hopper jam etc., the validator will continue to take bills but it WILL NOT give credit for those bills.

MEP001

Reaction score
The outlet in all the Goldlines I've worked on aren't wired to power at all. The power is there behind it and it would be easy to connect.

The people I've talked to locally who installed a HTK have said it's too complicated for customers.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“Gold Line is a work horse….”

Sure it is. That’s why operators cling on to it. Hamilton has extended product life cycle with DAN and adding some features.

However, PDQ 4000 was once a work horse too and now it’s obsolete.

Comparing Gold line to HTK is like comparing clam shell to smart phone.

“….HTK have said it's too complicated for customers.”

Tens if not hundred of million of people use smart phones and obtain money from touch screen ATM’s every single day of the year.

Couple of days ago I ordered food at WAWA with touch screen computer system and paid for it with my smart phone.

I have a phone app that allows me to order and pay for on-demand mobile carwash service. I got the app for free from the company’s website.

Every express wash built today has self-pay terminals.

No one wants clam shell anymore.

chaz

Reaction score
“Gold Line is a work horse….”

Sure it is. That’s why operators cling on to it. Hamilton has extended product life cycle with DAN and adding some features.

However, PDQ 4000 was once a work horse too and now it’s obsolete.

Comparing Gold line to HTK is like comparing clam shell to smart phone.

“….HTK have said it's too complicated for customers.”

Tens if not hundred of million of people use smart phones and obtain money from touch screen ATM’s every single day of the year.

Couple of days ago I ordered food at WAWA with touch screen computer system and paid for it with my smart phone.

I have a phone app that allows me to order and pay for on-demand mobile carwash service. I got the app for free from the company’s website.

Every express wash built today has self-pay terminals.

No one wants clam shell anymore.

Not sure anyone is comparing the HTK to the Gold Line. Two very different products, but both very good products that are offered by a great company with great customer support.

Yep I’ve got a smart phone...but I’m on the iPhone 6...still a great product!

Clam shell? I guess you mean Flip Phone?

...and thanks Robert for your tips in answer to my original post.

Happy new year all!!!!

chaz

Reaction score
Thanks all and especially Randy for the lightbulb suggestion. I’ve plugged a 25 watt bulb in the gold line outlet and the warmth from the bulb seems to have solved the issue...so far at least....been real cold here and the mars in harness mode has worked great.

MDrost1

Reaction score
How is the bulb working out?

All I have plugged into my ACW4 outlet is the 24v Cryptopay Swiper. Would I be ok to plug in a 25w appliance bulb in the other socket? Don't want to screw anything up : ).

Any creative ways of mounting it? Thanks!

chaz

Reaction score
How is the bulb working out?

All I have plugged into my ACW4 outlet is the 24v Cryptopay Swiper. Would I be ok to plug in a 25w appliance bulb in the other socket? Don't want to screw anything up : ).

Any creative ways of mounting it? Thanks!

I’d imagine you could use the bulb and transformer. I just use a plug in bulb socket...they also make a right angle version. The basic one works for me....just make sure your bulb won’t hit the door.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put a light bulb inside my cashier, plugged into the outlet inside cashier. keeps things warm in the winter. I turn it on in December and off in April.