What's new

Hamilton Exchanger Hopper Jam

jackyen_2000

Reaction score
I've been struggling with the Hamilton Hopper coin jam for the last few month. I cleaned the hopper everytime and it last two-three days then it started again. I'm not sure if this is because the hopper is getting old. Does anyone has some advice?> Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
I've been struggling with the Hamilton Hopper coin jam for the last few month. I cleaned the hopper everytime and it last two-three days then it started again. I'm not sure if this is because the hopper is getting old. Does anyone has some advice?> Thanks
There are a couple of things that it could be. Where is it jamming at, the top or the bottom? If it's at the top, at the coin exit the switch could be the cause of it jamming, Hamilton has a new switch out that prevents a lot of this. If it's at the bottom the Hopper bowl might need to be replaced, look for a deep groove worn in the bottom of the bowl. Have you checked the brake assembly on the back of the motor, it should be loose and move freely. How do you clear the jam? It could be a motor going bad. Also look at the plug that plugs into the hopper, if someone has plugged it in hot and the pins are burnt that can give you a false error. Are you dispensing the correct coins?