What's new

Hamilton Ethernet Box

robblackburn

Reaction score
I have a hamilton coin box with a DAN Server. I am having trouble with the ethernet connection box inside the coin box. I have sent to Hamilton several times to have remanufactured and I assume that the box is going out because of lightning. Are there any options to using this Hamilton box to communicate with the DAN server. Why would a regular ethernet switch not work? I am just not sure about the serial connection at the top. I am not very familar with this system but would appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Ethernet converter #05-0023 that costs $352.02. If you are I’ve got an extra one if you need one to test your system. A regular Ethernet switch won’t work. Almost everything Hamilton manufactures is proprietary to Hamilton.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I have had issues with mine as well. One of mine died completely. Then another went wacko. Amazingly enough, I switched machines with it a few times back and forth and it started working again. I know it was the switch because that was all I changed and the issues went to the other machine. At $352, these should have a 1 year warranty. I believe my first one was replaced by Hamilton under warranty.

Randy

Reaction score
Part #13-1164 is the Recon part number for the Ethernet converter #05-0023