What's new

Hamilton ER60

Reaction score
Trying to find a part for a Hamilton ER60. Im basically making another machine from scratch. It's a relay connection with a harness connection on both sides. Anyone know a part number or something to go by? PXL_20240105_140132534.MP.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
How many do you want? I just replaced one today. The bill changer had been salted, what a mess!

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
What do you mean salted? Like salt for ice?

Randy is the man for hamilton stuff, he'll get you sorted out.
many years ago a process we called salting was used to attempt to short out equipment and make the machine pay off. The perp would spray a salt water solution into the bill acceptor. IIRC it may have worked on a couple of machines but I don’t think any salting attempt has ever been successful at my washes in 30 years. It always made a big mess. I’m sure randy could tell us more. I haven’t been salted in probably over 20. You don’t ever really hear about it happening much now.

Keno

Reaction score
many years ago a process we called salting was used to attempt to short out equipment and make the machine pay off. The perp would spray a salt water solution into the bill acceptor. IIRC it may have worked on a couple of machines but I don’t think any salting attempt has ever been successful at my washes in 30 years. It always made a big mess. I’m sure randy could tell us more. I haven’t been salted in probably over 20. You don’t ever really hear about it happening much now.
Low life's- probably saw it on youtube

Randy

Reaction score
Back in the old 1985 MacGyver series MacGyver needed to make a emergency phone call and he didn’t have any change so he mixed up his secret sauce and shot it into a bill validator on a soda machine and it jack-potted the soda pop machine. It must really work because I saw it on MacGyver on TV, wrong it doesn’t work, it ruins the electronics of the validator and corrodes the insides of the bill changer. So after it was on TV every dumb a$$ in the world thought that they could make some easy money so they attacked every bill validator they saw. If you don’t take the changer apart and flush the insides with a water hose the salt will continue to eat away at the changer. I’ve seen the bottom of some changers almost gone. It doesn’t work, just ruins everything and makes a mess. But we still have geniuses who thinks it will work.