What's new

Hamilton DRS to Mark Conversion

NessaForever

Reaction score
It’s time to finally switch to from the XE validators on my Hamilton DRS to Mars (which bill acceptors can I use now that they switched to Talos). Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to order to make the conversion? Thanks

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
It’s time to finally switch to from the XE validators on my Hamilton DRS to Mars (which bill acceptors can I use now that they switched to Talos). Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to order to make the conversion? Thanks
Call Etowah Valley equipment in NC and talk to Brett he would be the most up to date or Randy here on the form.

Roz

Reaction score
call Hamilton for the part number. We did the same, a very easy process that is worth the investment. Much fewer headaches with MARS vs XE accepters.

Randy

Reaction score
STOP!! Do not install Talos validators in your Hamilton bill changer. The Talos validators have a very high failure rate. If your currently using XE validators you want to use a Mars AE2631D5 or 7 validator. I have the mounting bracket, relay and harnessing. I'll send you a PM as to were to get the AE2631 validators.
You also do not want to use the Talos validators in your coin boxes, they will fail in a very short time.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I put Talos in one of my drs and I regret. I purchased 3 because one failed after a few weeks and then the next failed out of the box. I just sent one another to get repaired. This is only using for 6 months.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
what are we going to do about the Talos failing and so unreliable switch to Coinco eventually or is Mars going to get this resolved to have the same reliability they have had all these years.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
I just got my kit from randy, he set me up with the conversion and everything you need. I was converting to tokens as well. Talos are junk get the mars.

OurTown

Reaction score
What are OEMs doing about this? Surely they are not putting in rebuilt Mars validators. Maybe new ones are still being made but I don't see them available.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
call Hamilton for the part number. We did the same, a very easy process that is worth the investment. Much fewer headaches with MARS vs XE accepters.
I currently have 5 XE Validators in operation in Hamilton Changers and few issues other than a some PM every few years. What headaches do you have?

Etowah

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
We sell a ton of bill acceptors on doors and vacuums. The early days of the Talos was a nightmare, to say the least. I lost count of how many we had to swap out for customers and send to CPI for warranty. I've been involved in enough product launches in my career to know they seldom if ever go smoothly. It appears to me that CPI has made improvements as the number of issues we are seeing has dropped down to a similar number as with the MEI AE series. I'm old enough to remember when we starting putting those in equipment around 2001-2002. Similar nightmares as with the first couple of years of the Talos.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I just received my conversion kit from Etowah Valley for my Hamilton DRS and they now use Talos Validators instead of Mars, I will be calling them Monday morning regarding this from what I'm reading here about Talos, I didn't just spend $1400 to waste it.

Randy

Reaction score
Well I just received my conversion kit from Etowah Valley for my Hamilton DRS and they now use Talos Validators instead of Mars, I will be calling them Monday morning regarding this from what I'm reading here about Talos, I didn't just spend $1400 to waste it.
I'll bet they'll tell you everything is OK. Hamilton has stopped selling any equipment with Talos validators installed until CPI gets it together.