What's new

Hamilton DRS AE2601 upstacker to Talos part number.

1carwash1

Reaction score
Hamilton DRS with AE2601 upstackers. Is there a direct Talos replacement for the AE2601? Hamilton said the part number is a 46-0247 and the corresponding Talos validator referenced by that number, given by Hamilton, is T6T1-U7EUS. The problem is that the Talos part number appears to be a #1 bezel and my 2601 have the #0 bezel (VFM). Has anybody made this conversion? If so what Talos part number did you use? Do I need to order a kit or make any modifications? Does the Talos need to be programmed
Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Talos guide (Doesn't show retro bezel):

Talos guide.jpg

1carwash1

Reaction score
The Talos guide (Doesn't show retro bezel):

View attachment 7716
It seems like they retained the 0 to 8 bezels and added three letter designated bezels. KR website shows a T601 which I thought would be the direct replacement. But Hamilton says T6T1 which i believe has the new T bezel. I do not see how the new T bezel is a direct replacement for the 0 bezel. Unless some other modification was made

MEP001

Reaction score
It's possible you have to use your old bezel. I agree, the T bezel doesn't look like it will work with the slot. Here is the whole document, it mentions a retro bezel but doesn't specify it by part number.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
You want a "T601U7" validator, that will replace the AE2601U7 validator with the "O" VFM bezel. I'd hold off buying a Talos validator until CPI/Mars gets some more of the bugs worked out. The Hamilton rep you spoke with must have gotten some miss information. When you look at the cut sheet for the Talos validator they show or list every validator, but not very many if any for the the car wash industry. Most of the CPI/Mars validators are made to install into piece of equipment with a 3" x 4" opening for the validator to stick out of. The car wash industry is barely a blip on the radar screen to most industries.

Randy

Reaction score
Randy what are the bugs you are referring about?
Mostly corrupt software, acceptance issues, validators not working out of the box and have to be reprogrammed.

Galgo

Reaction score
Mostly corrupt software, acceptance issues, validators not working out of the box and have to be reprogrammed.
What high quality validator options would you recommend right now?

Randy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be afraid to buy a Mars/CPI Talos validator as long as it’s not from a big online catalog seller. There are a few of the AE2600 series validators still around, they’ve been the workhorse of the car wash industry for years.