What's new

hamilton diplay for acw

waright

Reaction score
i have several used hamilton single line display screens. They are take offs from controllers that have had dixmor display replacements. I also have a new one that is off of a new controller, which i switched to a dixmor display.

When i tried to use these used displays on another customer's acw (he wasn't ready to spend the $$ for dixmor yet), all i get is scrambled characters on the diplay.

are there different versions of the hamilton display and certain compatibility issues?

Since hamilton has upgraded their website, I can no longer find all of the individual part listings.

Randy

Reaction score
The vacuum Fluorescent displays all have the same part number. Different version controllers have a different Baud rate. This is why all your getting is scrambled characters on the display.

waright

Reaction score
i assume there is no changing the baud rate. How do I determine the compatibility of the screens i have with different controllers?

Rudy

Reaction score
The baud rate is set by soldering the appropriate jumpers on the Noritake display.....

Randy

Reaction score
What is the version number of the controller that your trying to install this display on? I've got a list of jumper configurations for the different controllers.