What's new

Hamilton Change machine

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have two Hamilton change machines at one of my washs. One of them will all of a sudden go out of service and stop dispensing quarters. The light comes on and dollars can still be accepted but no quarters are dispensing from hopper. Anyone know or ever had this issue? Gonna call Hamilton Monday and talk to tech support. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The controller has lights that flash showing a code. Are the lights on steady or flashing after this happens? The Validator will flash a number for the code. Are you getting number on the Validator?

Damoni88

Reaction score
The controller has lights that flash showing a code. Are the lights on steady or flashing after this happens? The Validator will flash a number for the code. Are you getting number on the Validator?
The mars validator keeps working no lights flashing. The controller starts blinking and will not dispense quarters. My other machine (same type) when light for out of service comes on it shuts validator down where no dollars can be taken.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You need the blinking sequence of the light on the controller. It will be something like "2 blinks - short pause - 3 blinks". There will be a longer pause after the sequence, then it will do the "2 blinks - short pause - 3 blinks" sequence again. It will do this until it is reset. If the problem is
not corrected it will just keep doing this every time the machine goes out of service. It should stop accepting money any time the Out of Service light comes on, so I'm not sure what's the deal with that. Get the blink sequence so you will know why it keeps going down and then we can work from there. There is usually a sticker on the inside of the machine to explain the blinks. If not, get your controller model number and google it. I'm not sure if Hamilton has the manuals on their website anymore.

Randy

Reaction score
First of all you've got 2 problems. The first is the validator isn't set correctly or you you've got a bad relay adapter box. Check the switches on the side of the validator. You want switch #6 set in "Off" position "Harness Enabled" this will shut down the validator when there is a fault or error with the bill changer. If it is set in the "Off" position and it still takes bills the problem is with the relay adapter box.
The other problem is more than likely with the Hopper payout switch, this is the most common problem. Reset the changer controller and give the Hopper a good shake at the top. If it goes out of service you've got a problem with the switch. Take the Hopper out, dump out the coins and remove the front cover, 4 screws on each side. Remove the black plastic baffle. Then take a small paint brush and an air hose and clean out any debris from the inside of the Hopper, look for any debris that could be up under the switch arm. Put it back together and try it, if it doesn't work then you'll need to replace the payout switch. If you want the Hopper manual and the C-2000 controller manual I can send them to you.

Randy

Reaction score
Here's a copy of the C-2000 Controller manual. All the error codes are on page 7. One thing I forgot is NEVER clean the inside of the Hopper with any spray solvents, like brake cleaner, carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner they will ruin the lexan plastic. The only thing you should use to clean the inside of the Hopper with is something like Windex.

Attachments

Roz

Reaction score
So this happened to us recently. No flashing lights for an error code yet machine did not dispense money. We Unscrewed top of bill acceptor to find a rubber band that someone got stuck in the machine. Sometimes it is the now obvious simple solutions.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Here's a copy of the C-2000 Controller manual. All the error codes are on page 7. One thing I forgot is NEVER clean the inside of the Hopper with any spray solvents, like brake cleaner, carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner they will ruin the lexan plastic. The only thing you should use to clean the inside of the Hopper with is something like Windex.
Thank you this helps

Randy

Reaction score
This is how i have it set up
You've got the validator switches set up wrong. You want switches #1 - #4 On and all the rest of the switches #5 - #8 should be Off. With switch #6 On the validator will keep taking money if the changer goes out of service. Did you get your other problem with the changer fixed?

MEP001

Reaction score
Controller blinks 4 times. Everything is set to off on validator.
The controller green LED should never flash just 4, it's always a count of flashes and a short pause, then another count of flashes and a longer pause. The bill acceptor red LED can flash a simple "4" code, but that shuts the acceptor down (blocked path).

Damoni88

Reaction score
I got it fixed. All the switches were messed up. Thank you all for your help. You all are some great helpful, knowledgeable people.