What's new

Hamilton Bill Changer - Mars validator issue

Kevin James

Reaction score
We have a Mars validator installed in a Hamilton ER-60 bill changer. Now that the warranty has just expired we are starting to have problems. The validator will cycle on and off while it is in standby. We bought another validator on EBay and all was good for about a month and now it is doing the same thing. Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on?

MEP001

Reaction score
The Mars adaptor could be failing.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
We have a Mars validator installed in a Hamilton ER-60 bill changer. Now that the warranty has just expired we are starting to have problems. The validator will cycle on and off while it is in standby. We bought another validator on EBay and all was good for about a month and now it is doing the same thing. Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on?
By cycling on and off - do you mean going from solid red light to a 2 flash error?

chaz

Reaction score
Cold weather issues? I’ve actually got a heater in my changer and a 25watt old style light bulb in my ACW as I was having cold weather issues with my MARS accepting the first bill per transaction but not additional bills....all seems fine I’m in my second winter now.

Randy

Reaction score
What your describing is called "motor run on" the transport motor will cycle on and off. This is a fairly common problem with the 110 volt Mars validator. When the validator gets old the electronics break down and get weak. The problem is in the main board, sometimes they can be repaired without replacing the complete main board.
There’s a reason people sell there used validators on EBay, most of them are worn out junk. That $50.00 or $75.00 bargain Mars validator may not be such a good bargain once you get it and find out it needs a complete overhaul. I had to laugh at one of the sellers awhile back. He was selling “reconditioned” Mars validators for $150.00, all he was doing was cleaning them and putting on aftermarket belts. There’s a little more to rebuilding or reconditioning a Mars validator than cleaning and belts.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Thanks Randy, your a big help. Can we send these validators to you?