What's new

Hamilton ACW5 Needs Replacing

Darrel

Reaction score
I have an old Hamilton ACW5 from 2000. I'm having major problems to the point I can't keep my wash open. I upgraded years ago to Crypto Pay and switched to Mars bill acceptor. I accept bills and change, but they give back change. Credit card accepts but it won't relay the signal forward. I've been told about door replacements that can be done. Does anyone have any experience with the door replacements and who manufactures these?

Randy

Reaction score
I don’t think installing another door is going to solve your problem. If you use cash does the ACW fire off the selected wash? If it’s just the Cryptopay that’s not firing off the selected wash then the problem is with your Cryptopay system. The Cryptopay connects into the ACW though the Token coin acceptor side. Does the ACW accept Tokens without any problems? I’d check the connections or redo the connections where the Cryptopay connects into the Token acceptor harness. Then check the programming of the controller. If all of those check out satisfactory then I’d install my spare controller and see if the problem goes away.

Darrel

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I started from scratch and went thru all my wiring; I did find some screws that were loose. I also tore down my coin hopper, I may have freed something up, so it is now giving back change. I turned off cash acceptance because it was not giving back change. My credit card was working, and the auto cashier was signaling that it had sent the wash signal forward, but it would not activate the wash. I'm guessing one of the loose wires/screws may have been my problem. I don't think I described my problem very well, sorry about that. But as of now it is all working. I do have a spare controller in case it acts up again, then I can swap those out. Thanks again.

eckert16

Reaction score
Consider moving your coordinator much closer to your Crytopay enabled ACW... had similar issues, and this solved it immediately.
Placed the coordinator on the inside of the equipment bay wasll, on the block wall closest to the ACW (with no metal obstructions, ie metal carwash equipment blocking the 'line of site').