What's new

Hamilton ACW II

washtubman

Reaction score
I just replaced my two Hamilton ACW II's with the new Standard Guardian ACWs. Those Hamiltons have been in service since 1988 and have been workhorses. My questions is: Is there any kind of a market for the parts, ie. doors, controllers, relays, hoppers, etc, or should I just haul them away for the worth of the metal? Although old, they are in nice shape. Thanks for any input.

MEP001

Reaction score
A good test for their value would be to put some or all of the parts on eBay. It's cheap to list something, especially if it doesn't sell. Most people I know who are looking for something obscure check eBay first.

washtubman

Reaction score
I believe the Standard units will work out just fine. Just finished installing and so far so good. They are a nice machine. It was between them and the Goldline. I went with Standard mainly because I did'nt have to do the DAN type system with the hi speed (cable) credit card processing. Thats all built into the Standards ACW software. So that was quite a savings. Also, the Standard units fit inside my original Hamilton cabinets, so no masonry work was involved. Good voice prompts, IDX multi coin acceptor, and dual hoppers were other nice features. Will update after I have them in service a while.

washtubman

Reaction score
The Standards are working out really well. Have had a few issues, but the support from Standard has been outstanding and resolved them very quickly. One thing I don't like about them is their report printing. Reports are printed on the receipt printer, which means you get long skinny reports. But I can live with that when I think of the cost savings over the DAN system. They are a nice looking machine and I would highly recommend at least comparing them to others.

kempape

Reaction score
was it easy to set up c card processing?any issues there?

washtubman

Reaction score
No issues there. I picked my provider and they did the rest. I did install high speed internet to do the processing.

captain cw

Reaction score
I ending up buying one and I love it! I've done Unitec, American and Hamilton and for the money, I don't think you beat it. Standard support has been awesome. I had mine built with Etwoah Valleys credit card system because that's what I put in my self serve bays. I was the first with that. Couple growing pains, but everybody was great getting it all working. The fleet codes and time stamp discounting are awesome. I did dual hoppers and am vending gold dollars and a free vacuum token. All working well. No complaints at all.