What's new

Hamilton acw distribution panel dead

Bill douglas

Reaction score
Im new to this forum, but have read very helpful information over the years. I'm hoping somebody reading can point me in the right direction. Yesterday my Hamilton auto cashier had an "out of service" on the display screen. I cleared it by hitting the yellow button and the screen stated "hopper runtime" (i think). I didn't think much about it, as ive seen this once or twice before over the years. I reset it, ran a couple of dollars into the validator, hit refund, to make sure the hopper was working correctly, and it was. This morning i opened up the auto cashier, turned off the power switch, unplugged the hopper, took it out of the cabinet to clean it and make sure there wasn't anything in it that would cause it to go out of service again. i put it back, plugged the hopper back in and turned the power switch back on. i heard the little fan running and went to shut the cabinet when i noticed the display screen on the outside of the cabinet did not have any power (dark). i looked in at the distribution panel where normally the 12v and 5v little lights are lit up and only the 12v light was lit but very dim. I turned the power switch off then on again and now nothing is lit on the distribution panel at all. i did a bunch of testing for voltage and power all the way into the cabinet, through the transformers (in the lower right) up to the panel and have 24 volts at the plug that goes into the distribution panel. I double checked plug connections etc. Is the panel dead? Any help is apprectiated

Randy

Reaction score
There are 2 fuses under the Hopper, Check those. But it sounds to me like your DC power supply board has gone out, it controls the display and a few other things. If it is the DC power supply you need part #49-9304A, there about $100.

Reactions: PEI

Bill douglas

Reaction score
Thank you randy. I did check both those fuses. Just in case my eyesight is failing I even checked both fuses with ohm meter. Where is the DC power supply located?

Randy

Reaction score
The DC power supply is right above the controller, it'll have part #60-2012A on it. You don't need the complete unit, it's $273.00. If it is the power supply all you need is the board that's inside the box, #49-9304A

Bill douglas

Reaction score
Thanks again Randy. You were exactly right. I ordered a new on from hamilton, it came in this morning, swapped it out and it's back to working perfectly. very helpful.
Bill

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks again Randy. You were exactly right. I ordered a new on from hamilton, it came in this morning, swapped it out and it's back to working perfectly. very helpful.
Bill
I shut my machine off a few weeks for bay rehab. Now I'm getting the same issue. No display, no l.e.d.'s lit on dist panel. Checked voltage of blk/red and blk / yellow wires. Some had no dc volts. some had .21volts dc.

Same bad part?

Randy

Reaction score
I shut my machine off a few weeks for bay rehab. Now I'm getting the same issue. No display, no l.e.d.'s lit on dist panel. Checked voltage of blk/red and blk / yellow wires. Some had no dc volts. some had .21volts dc.

Same bad part?
The DC power supply board has gone out, it puts out 12 volts DC and it controls the display and a few other things. You want DC power supply part #49-9304A.

jeremy2overton

Reaction score
Similar issue, but not exactly - I have a gold line and the validator stopped working. Won’t light up at all. I switched out to a spare XE validator and same result. Everything else is working fine. Any insight here @Randy

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Similar issue, but not exactly - I have a gold line and the validator stopped working. Won’t light up at all. I switched out to a spare XE validator and same result. Everything else is working fine. Any insight here @Randy
Check for 120 volts between the solid black and the solid white wires at the plug that plugs into the validator. if there is no volt there move to the distribution pan and check for voltage at the plug on the distribution panel that the harness that goes to the validator. If there is no power there you've probably got a bad distribution panel.

Reactions: PEI

jeremy2overton

Reaction score
Thanks, @Randy - just saw this.

I’ll check it out tomorrow

Fought with a Mars retrofit all day today.
AE 2602 Accepts bills but it isn’t registering any payment.

Used the appropriate programming coupon (hard to find) and was on the phone with Mars & Hamilton without any luck.

I thought I ordered a replacement harness from Hamilton just to see if that was it, but it wasn’t in the box when my retrofit kit box arrived.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks, @Randy - just saw this.

I’ll check it out tomorrow

Fought with a Mars retrofit all day today.
AE 2602 Accepts bills but it isn’t registering any payment.

Used the appropriate programming coupon (hard to find) and was on the phone with Mars & Hamilton without any luck.

I thought I ordered a replacement harness from Hamilton just to see if that was it, but it wasn’t in the box when my retrofit kit box arrived.
Did you buy the kit from Hamilton? Did you get a Talos or a AE2602 validator? The 24 volt plug for the Mars validator is next to the display. If your not getting credit when you insert a bill you've probably got a bad distribution board.

Randy

Reaction score
Will a Mars 24V validator work with a Hamilton 120V Goldline?
Yes, a Mars AE2602 24 volt validator will work in a Goldline ACW. Hamilton uses a AE2602 in the Goldline ACW from the factory. The 24 volt plug is the white plug just under the display on the back of the door. You need to get the 24 volt harness/plug and mounting bracket from Hamilton.