What's new

Hamilton 05-0131 DTI Controller G2

n00bie

Reaction score
Is anyone using it? I have one over a year old has problem that a lot of time it cuts off credit card after a few second or minutes. Sometimes the timer screen will go back to welcome screen. I call tech and they say send in for them to diagnose. I figure the cost will be ridiculous to repair so I ordered a new one. The new also has problem with the display screen (I use their small display screen comes with the DTI). Whenever swipe card or insert coins the screen turns from normal screen to blue screen right away (DTI still function). They send another new one and also has same problem. At first it would turn to blue screen immediately like the first one. The tech then doing something on their end and it works better, but again, it turns to blue screen after 2 or 3 wash repeatedly. So we thought maybe something is wrong with the wiring/connection. I test the working DTI from other bay to that "non-working" bay, and it works fine. And vice versa, the "new DTI" to the working bay, and it has same problem. The tech seems to be out of option and sort of blame on my end.

chaz

Reaction score
Prob need to program your new dti to match the others. most can be done at the Dan computer….some items need to be done with handheld at dti. Hamilton may also be able to log in and compare dti with each other

n00bie

Reaction score
Yeah. They did all that, but the problem still remains. Don't know if the controller is bad (on 2nd one?) or they missed something on programing. Got annoyed, I put back the one seems to be dead and it's working again after changing new CC stopper. Not perfectly, but so far it did not cutting CC card after few seconds. But the timer still go back to welcome screen. Not happening on coins though.

chaz

Reaction score
maybe some loose or damaged wires related to swiper. gotta b something dilly snd easy. let us know the outcome

n00bie

Reaction score
I don't think the reader is the problem. Otherwise, it would happen to the working one also but it did not. Anyways, I returned the new one and put back the old one. It's working good so far.