What's new

Had a customer who almost ripped and bent our tire brush arm off the wall.

Sound_Boi

Reaction score
Had a customer on Sunday who almost ripped and bent our tire brush arm off the wall. He had knocked our tire cleaner brush off the wall while washing his dually. He didn't seem to care about picking it back up and put it back on the wall hooks. It got caught between his tires as he drove off to vacuum his truck out. He bent the arm and almost ripped the bracket off of the wall. We didn't have a back up arm for it, but we were able to take it to a local fabrication shop and have them fix the arm and straighten out the wall bracket. Had it back up the next day.
View attachment 20230605174725_1.mp4
20230605_071029.jpg

HeyVern

Reaction score
Plan for the future... The metal on your brush boom is now weakened and will easily fold if this happens again. MEPs advice is spot-on. You can't always rely on 3rd party help.
in this case, they pretty much can

Sound_Boi

Reaction score
Plan for the future... The metal on your brush boom is now weakened and will easily fold if this happens again. MEPs advice is spot-on. You can't always rely on 3rd party help.
I talked to my manager about it but he said that he didn't see the point in putting one on because this is the first time this has happend in the 5 years that he has worked there.

MEP001

Reaction score
The cheapest booms are $165 now. The good ones start at $300. So it's not worth five minutes and $4 per bay, just because " this is the first time this has happend?" Sorry, but that's just ignorant. But you do you. If this happens again on a Friday evening and you have a bay down all weekend, remember this thread.

MEP001

Reaction score
3/8 brass nipples are even less expensive than breakaway fittings.
I actually use a 3/8" male to 3/8" female fitting because they're a little stronger than an actual breakaway fitting, but weak enough to keep the boom from getting torn up. I get them for about 70¢ apiece and put them on the high pressure booms.

Mattwash

Reaction score
Had a customer on Sunday who almost ripped and bent our tire brush arm off the wall. He had knocked our tire cleaner brush off the wall while washing his dually. He didn't seem to care about picking it back up and put it back on the wall hooks. It got caught between his tires as he drove off to vacuum his truck out. He bent the arm and almost ripped the bracket off of the wall. We didn't have a back up arm for it, but we were able to take it to a local fabrication shop and have them fix the arm and straighten out the wall bracket. Had it back up the next day.
View attachment 8583
View attachment 8578
I had intellectually challenged individual back his 18 wheeler into my bay and bend the boom.

Attachments