What's new

Gun Vibrations

Reaction score
I am at wits end. I have a 4 bay. Bay 1 and 4 guns vibrate heavily after a bad winter freeze. Bay 1 more than 4. I have had to turn the PSI down to stop the vibrations. I operate at 1200psi but have it down to 500 so it won’t vibrate.

I have opened the valve by the reservoir tank. I have raised the float ball so the tank can hold more water. I have vacuumed the tank. I have taken off the gun and let the tank water and air through the line. I have taken cap off the pump and cleaned the inter pumps. I am lost.

Randy

Reaction score
If the system/guns froze during a winter freeze and someone tried to use the gun the seals in the pump need to be replaced. With no water flowing though the pump the seals will overheat and be ruined. You also need to remove the valves and inspect them, they can also be damaged by the lack of flow, water flowing though the pump is what cools and lubricates the pump.

Reaction score
If the system/guns froze during a winter freeze and someone tried to use the gun the seals in the pump need to be replaced. With no water flowing though the pump the seals will overheat and be ruined. You also need to remove the valves and inspect them, they can also be damaged by the lack of flow, water flowing though the pump is what cools and lubricates the pump.
I will start here. Thank you!

Randy

Reaction score
You want to get on the pumps right away before the head is damaged. You also want to look for Head wash out.