What's new

Gun control

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I’ve been spending a bit more time on the property doing some spring cleaning and taking care of the deferred maintenance.

I’ve met a few new customers…in the first place, that’s surprising because I’ve been operated the place for 20 years. But then, I suppose people move to the market area and “discover” the joint…which is surprising because it’s on a major thoroughfare. So, maybe they’re new customers because their car got really slopped up by the last storm and they saw all the activity and decided to give the “quarter car wash” a try?

Anyway, the reason I suspect they are new customers is because of the time they spend looking at the meter box and signage before they deposit coins or swipe their credit card. But, the biggest clue is…they don’t squeeze the handle on the trigger gun!

When I suggest, “It works better if you squeeze the trigger,” their reaction to the pressure/volume is almost humorous.

Except, for the slight older lady who nearly got wacked in the nose by the wand when she pulled the trigger. She screamed and dropped the gun just in time to avoid injuring herself!!! Yikes!

So now, IF I suggest pulling the trigger…I preface that with “Hold on to the wand!”

How did we ever keep from killing someone before the advent of trigger guns??? I still have nightmares watching people chase those runaway red handled wands around the bay!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You had me going with the "Title"! I thought "Oh no not another Anti Gun Ad"!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I’ve had all kinds of gun related issues at the wash including the people that don’t know to pull the “Trigger” for high pressure. And then there are people who give my Unloaders a work out by pulling the “Trigger” too much. And believe it or not, I had this one guy, (Luckily he was a neighbor of the wash and I knew him), he was washing his car in the truck bay and he wanted to wash under his car to get the salt off…But he couldn’t bend over. He had a trench coat on….He looked at me and grinned right before he pulls out this big “Hog Leg” strapped to his hip that was keeping him from bending over. It was some kind of large caliber revolver with an 18” long barrel! In this case I was glad he “Wasn’t” pulling the trigger!