What's new

Guerilla Marketing 101

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love my sign guy to pieces, but he gets alot of money from me.

For something different, I had my detail shop pricing menu laminated($1.50 each)! Made half a dozen and stuck them up around the carwash w/3M double sided tape.

One in each SS bay, one by the vacs, one by the changer. Cheap advertising/cross-marketing carwash and detail.

Will see if I get any results!:D

JustClean

Reaction score
I love my sign guy to pieces, but he gets alot of money from me.

For something different, I had my detail shop pricing menu laminated($1.50 each)! Made half a dozen and stuck them up around the carwash w/3M double sided tape.

One in each SS bay, one by the vacs, one by the changer. Cheap advertising/cross-marketing carwash and detail.

Will see if I get any results!:D
I think I mentioned it somewhere before: I got the free Inkscape software http://www.inkscape.org/ and do all my signs myself and email them to my local sign guy to print them out. Since he only sends it to the printer it costs me a fraction of what it did before and I get the layout I want without sending everything forth and back. Saved me a lot of money without loosing the professional look. I only use the laminating in case I need the sign straight away (break-downs, etc.)

bigleo48

Reaction score
I bought my own sign (vinyl cutting) machine and I haven't used a sign company in 2 years.

Big

easywash

Reaction score
The Power of Signage

I have a rhino mat washer and dryer but it is not in a direct line of sight from the detail stalls where the customers can use my 5 in 1 vacuums.

I decided to put a sign on the garbage can lids that people use to scrub their mats on. It says $5 Automatic Matwash & Dry see concierge.

Previously I would sell 15 cycles a month MAX (about $75... I know that sucks)

Now with the new signage I am up to 80+ cycles a month (about $400). That's an extra $3900 a YEAR! Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference.

Oh yah I made the signs with my own Vynll Cutter so they only cost me about $20 or less.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have a rhino mat washer and dryer but it is not in a direct line of sight from the detail stalls where the customers can use my 5 in 1 vacuums.
How do you stop the water from freezing in the rhino mat washer?