What's new

Grease laurel vendors?

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I have an electronic one column Laurel vendor that worked great for the first 10 years I had it. But lately, the shelves do not always fall. They don't always fall when I try it manually by pulling the side bar back and forth either. The magazine looks clean and does not appear to be damaged. Anybody else had this issue? Can you oil/grease the mechanism or should I just buy another magazine?

Thanks,
Mel

MEP001

Reaction score
I spray WD-40 into the backside of where the wire catches and immediately wipe away any excess. I've done it many times on both the electronic and manual vendors and it works well. I did have one electronic vendor that had a bad spot where one shelf exactly 14 up from the bottom would usually hang. There was the smallest sign of a ridge on the metal that I had to file off.

Randy

Reaction score
I’d call Chip at Laurel Metals 888-528-7358 or 847-674-0064 and talk to him. I’ve got some that are going on 30 years old, they work fine, I never spray any kind of spray oil on them.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Chip at Laurel metals was very helpful. He said friction between the small shelf rod and the shelf support increase as the parts wear. It usually happens to the lower shelves because they are used most often. He said to coat the end of the rods with a small amount of grease. The shelves definitely dropped quicker on my trial run.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Chip at Laurel metals was very helpful. He said friction between the small shelf rod and the shelf support increase as the parts wear. It usually happens to the lower shelves because they are used most often. He said to coat the end of the rods with a small amount of grease. The shelves definitely dropped quicker on my trial run.
Chip is the best based on past experience.