What's new

Grease Em Up!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a friendly rookie reminder to grease all your bearings good for the cold weather washing season!

Just replaced 2 pillow block bearings on my touchfree and re-did a few fittings for existing bearings so they can all get a regular greasing.

Who knows; could keep you washing this winter instead of replacing bushings!

Sudsy

Snodgrass
Reaction score
Waxman

I see you alot on this forum wanted to ask you about wash evaluations we are a LLC 3 partners none of us want a hassle with the family's if something were to happen to anyone of us. We have discussed and currently decided to set the price payed to survivors at current market with consideration for improvements. Its very hard to establish this number are there independent appraisers we might hire? What would be your thoughts (touchy subject)

soapy

Reaction score
Waxman, you can buy stainless steel marine bearings that will last much longer than standard pillow block bearings. More money up front but worth it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soapy; thanks! I'll try and remember to look into this for next time.

I have done some reengineering on my Sidetrac; it had a grease block where you could remotely grease bearings via small plastic tubing connected to a bank of grease fittings. Nice idea and neat-looking but not practical.

We re-fit our bearings with either direct fittings on housings or shorter hoses (new) where impractical to grease housing directly.

I'll grease over replace any day. yikes.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Way to Hijack a thread.
2. How would I know?
3. PM me if you like.
4. Merry Christmas!
Waxman

I see you alot on this forum wanted to ask you about wash evaluations we are a LLC 3 partners none of us want a hassle with the family's if something were to happen to anyone of us. We have discussed and currently decided to set the price payed to survivors at current market with consideration for improvements. Its very hard to establish this number are there independent appraisers we might hire? What would be your thoughts (touchy subject)

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We greased our first machine regularly. Had one bearing go after about 8 years. Our later machine came with auto grease canisters. We replaced several bearings and then removed the canisters and now grease manully.

Ted

jprb

Reaction score
Does someone make an extension for the grease gun connection? I have several bearings that have covers over them that make greasing them very inconvenient. ( I've searched the internet but haven't found any. Probably using the wrong "terms")

JPRB

MEP001

Reaction score
I needed a longer one and just bought two standard grease gun hoses and a 1/8" coupling from an auto parts store and spliced them together.