What's new

Graffiti Removal Suggestions for FRP Boards

ALMO

Reaction score
1st post. Great site!!

Looking for a product to remove graffiti from FRP boards in my SS car wash.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
1st post. Great site!!

Looking for a product to remove graffiti from FRP boards in my SS car wash.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Almo,

Krud Kutter for a starting point --- might work --- depending on the ink or type of paint etc. You can get it by the gallon. Let us know how you come out. We also got some citrus stuff that they use at the oil fields from an oil field supplier in Williston, ND that really worked for some horrific oil stains recently. I just looked & it says "PC- Citra Solv" on the 5 gallon container we have.

MJ

Last edited:

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
An aeresol stripper that contains Methylene Chloride should do the trick...It should be a aeresol gel rinses away with water....Test on an inconspicuous are first....

ALMO

Reaction score
Almo,

Krud Kutter for a starting point --- might work --- depending on the ink or type of paint etc. You can get it by the gallon. Let us know how you come out. We also got some citrus stuff that they use at the oil fields from an oil field supplier in Williston, ND that really worked for some horrific oil stains recently. I just looked & it says "PC- Citra Solv" on the 5 gallon container we have.

MJ
Cool, thanks. Just called the Krud Kutter people. I guess this product is sold at Walmart. I will check that out this week and let everyone know how it goes.

soapy

Reaction score
Goo off is another product designed for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEP001

Reaction score
I assume you meant Goof Off: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...H+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Some of their products are basically paint stripper. There are grades of FRP, some that can withstand the chemicals and some that will be ruined by it. If the graffiti is fresh, try paint/lacquer thinner or adhesive remover first. The low-end FRP absorbs the solvents in spray paint and anything strong enough to remove it will eat the FRP as well.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Zep makes a really good graffiti remover. It might be available at Home Depot. If not call Zep directly.

Louise

Reaction score
I bought a product called Graffitti remover from a local professional cleaning supply company. Works well.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Believe it or not, OVEN CLEANER!!! If its enamel spray paint oven cleaner works great. Spray it on it stays where you spray it cause it foams up. Leave sit for a few minutes and pressure wash it off. If that doesnt work, we call our township, they have a group called TAG(townships against graffiti). They come out with a box truck, spray there miracle cleaner and its gone.

soapy

Reaction score
Goof off. Guess the F got misplaced, but not to worry MEP is on patrol pointing out the obvious.

MEP001

Reaction score
I was just trying to be helpful. It might not have been so obvious to someone who has never heard of the product.

ALMO

Reaction score
I tried the Krud Kutter product. It worked good on Silver spray paint. It was very difficult on the darker colors. I think I am just going to paint the boards and see how that looks. They are too expensive to replace. Lowes charges $25 per board. I have 12 boards per bay!!