What's new

graco husky 307

agent

Reaction score
Does anybody here ever rebuild their own air driven pumps and if so where do you find the kits...I've taken one apart and it seems fairly simple, just need new parts...or is it cheaper to just buy new ones, thanks...

Randy

Reaction score
After 26 years I?ve found that?s easier and less hassle to just replace the pump with a new on and move on.

agent

Reaction score
Roger that, just lately i've been trying to save everywhere i can, thanks Sterlin...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
That is one reason I replace the Graco or Husky with one or two Flo Jets. About the same as rebuilding and less hassle down the road.

madscientist

Reaction score
on the graco website you can find a local distributor. it's almost always the spring inside that goes. have them order a bunch for you. you can change the spring, lubricate and be good to go. it won't last as long as the original version, but it'll definitely get you going.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
ok whats the secret to these 307 pumps? I have a couple that keep locking up and wont do anything. One day it will be working the next day they dont cycle. what is recommened air pressure also for foam brush and engine/tire cleaner. Please help! I just ordered new pump for shelf but want to know how to avoid these lock ups

madscientist

Reaction score
Sometimes they freeze up. Unscrew the muffler. It's white and shaped like a small tube light bulb. Leaving it off helps somewhat, but makes it a bit louder.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I don't know what your setup is but if they are deadheaded to a liquid solenoid that opens when energized as opposed to a solenoid opening and supplying air when needed, this is an inherent problem whcih you won't experience with flo jets.

Randy

Reaction score
ok whats the secret to these 307 pumps? I have a couple that keep locking up and wont do anything. One day it will be working the next day they dont cycle. what is recommened air pressure also for foam brush and engine/tire cleaner. Please help! I just ordered new pump for shelf but want to know how to avoid these lock ups
The best thing to do would be to change over to another brand pump, they’ve been problematic since they came out. You could buy 3 Flojet G57 pumps for the price of the Graco 307. We’ve only got one Flojet left at our car washes, we changed over to the electric Procon pump years ago for our low pressure functions, that pretty much ended all of our pump problems. I have the foam brush air pressure set at around 40 psi, you have to play with to get it adjusted to your liking.

mjc3333

Reaction score
The best thing to do would be to change over to another brand pump, they’ve been problematic since they came out. You could buy 3 Flojet G57 pumps for the price of the Graco 307. We’ve only got one Flojet left at our car washes, we changed over to the electric Procon pump years ago for our low pressure functions, that pretty much ended all of our pump problems. I have the foam brush air pressure set at around 40 psi, you have to play with to get it adjusted to your liking.
Randy,

How do you have the procon pumps plumbed? Do you have or need a bladder tank as would be needed with a goulds well pump?

I have been using the Flojet pumps, but have been having issues with the pump not lasting all that long (maybe 1 year) before the valves and diaphragm needs rebuilding. Once I factor in the price of the rebuild kits needed, labor and time, it is more economical to just replace the flojet with a new one each time.

The presoak chemical I use is fairly caustic ph 13 or 14 which would explain the "damage" to the pump within a year.

I have tried all the different types santoprene, viton, and kalrez; all the same result one year and done.

Randy

Reaction score
Randy,

How do you have the procon pumps plumbed? Do you have or need a bladder tank as would be needed with a goulds well pump?

I have been using the Flojet pumps, but have been having issues with the pump not lasting all that long (maybe 1 year) before the valves and diaphragm needs rebuilding. Once I factor in the price of the rebuild kits needed, labor and time, it is more economical to just replace the flojet with a new one each time.

The presoak chemical I use is fairly caustic ph 13 or 14 which would explain the "damage" to the pump within a year.

I have tried all the different types santoprene, viton, and kalrez; all the same result one year and done.

Mjc3333, No Bladder tank, got rid of those 20 years ago. We use a 1/3hp motor and a Procon 2507 pump, with a spray systems AA110 relief valve off the pump discharge, with the discharge off the relief valve routed back to the tank, this is used to regulate the pressure. The relief valve is installed into a “T” and the other side of the “T” goes to the manifold. We install the motor and pump about 2 inches lower than the tank outlet, so the pump is flooded all the time. To start and stop the pump we use an IDX MX-8 multiplexed controller. There are 3 different models of the IDX multiplexed controller, MX-8 gives you a 2 second delay On and Off, MX-9 gives you No Delay, and the MX-10 give you a one second delay On and Off. I’ve had this system installed now about 17 years and the only problem I’ve had is a relief valve started to leak about 3 years ago. I’ve found a few Procon pumps with motors on EBay, some are called “Carbonator pumps” so search under that title. If I remember I’ll take a few pictures the next time I go to the car wash. It's a pretty easy system to install, the most time consuming part is installing the IDX multiplexed controller.