What's new

GPS and car washes ARE you in their?

kevinmcf

Reaction score
Do not know if this was ever brought up? When I first was checking the surrounding compitition of the area for car wash I was buying a few months ago, I punched in CAR WASH in my little GPS, and seen only 1/2 of the washes listed in YP search. I just got my wife a TOM TOM and seen my existing wash (20 years) not even listed. I went to http://www.ehow.com/how_5813330_list-business-gps.html
Shows how to list your business. The 3 major resource centers that supply info to GPS and other PDA's. NAVTEQ, InfoUSA, GPS Data Team
Also list separately any other business some allow links to multiple Profit centers Lube/ CW./ SS. Or you just list under general automotive.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Kevin,
Great resource. Thanks. I have been in contact with Garmin directly due to lack of our facility in their database. I have also received solicitations from fee based outfits offering to do the same thing as the links you provided. The sharing of this kind of information is what makes this forum such a great site!
MC

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Great info, just listed our carwashes
Many thanks for the link

kevinmcf

Reaction score
free with a little leg work

GPS company's want as much info as they can squeeze in, I am sure the same for I-Phone and other PDA's, why pay for something when its free. I posted a sign at my wash- IF WE ARE NOT POSTED ON YOUR GPS or PDA GET A FREE WASH! Since I went to those 3 sites not one freeby.
Can't beat free advertizing!