What's new

GPM requirements for well

guitarandy

Reaction score
I am looking into drilling a well for a 1 IBA 4 SS wash. Has anyone researched how many GPM that would be required for this application? I know that Waxman has been talking about drilling at his site.

easywash

Reaction score
Well GPM

As long as you are getting a couple of GPM and you have a large enough holding tank for your on demand water you should be ok.

It's probably best to get the help of an engineer/your distributor with that calculation.

Hope that helps a little.

guitarandy

Reaction score
As long as you are getting a couple of GPM and you have a large enough holding tank for your on demand water you should be ok.

It's probably best to get the help of an engineer/your distributor with that calculation.

Hope that helps a little.
Thanks Easywash, my distributor finally got back to me with the numbers. The IBA has a 38 GPM pump, the SS are 4 GPM per unit, and the RO is 5 GPM.This is the maximum usage.

bonanza1

Reaction score
Thanks Easywash, my distributor finally got back to me with the numbers. The IBA has a 38 GPM pump, the SS are 4 GPM per unit, and the RO is 5 GPM.This is the maximum usage.
i have been running a 2iba and 4ss for about 11 years, 3hp pump deep well buisy location no problems.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
i have been running a 2iba and 4ss for about 11 years, 3hp pump deep well buisy location no problems.

I would be interesed in knowing how this is set up. Where is your storage tank for the well water, how large, how do you force it thru a softner system etc. to ensure adequete pressure? My property used to be a small house with a well a long time ago but the well is long gone although I think it could be reborn...if there is a drought how does it tie in with city water system to ensure supply...

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Your full up and running demand is about 50 GPM. While a holding tank will help to keep up with demand, a good reclaim system could lower your demand to about 15 GPM as well as lowering your discharge by about 80%. The upfront investment will certainly be more but the advantages may very well be worth it. It's something to ponder anyways.