Great idea
You roll them up and I ll back the Chevy to the front door
We are going to town!

7 carpets and an hour and a half later
The entire house had clean carpet! 🤦‍♂️😁😅

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I have very seriously considered laying out plastic for people to come do this. Professional rug cleaning is very expensive.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a lady that comes every summer when it’s hot and washes her fine Persian rugs. She washes out the bay first then lays out a rug gets it wet and then uses the foam brush to scrub it then rinses it, rolls it up and does another one. She told me that she takes them home and lays them on the concrete driveway to dry. She said she’s been doing them here for years.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I've had several carpet washers in the almost two months I've been open. The first was a lady with two little kids and a large area rug. I have no idea how she loaded that giant roll of wet carpet in her SUV when she was done, but she did.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have no idea how she loaded that giant roll of wet carpet in her SUV when she was done, but she did.
I was thinking if I did do something to attract rug cleaning business that I'd add a vac in the bay as an extractor.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have some customers that clean them and I have done it a few times myself. I cleaned a big one once and couldn't believe how heavy it got.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's just water weight.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I see women do that with area rugs. I warn them that it's heavier than a dead hooker when saturated with water and offer to help load it. I don't get many takers.

Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
We have dog wash stalls, maybe we need carpet wash areas with the proper shampoo, upholstery brushes, extractors etc.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
We have dog wash stalls, maybe we need carpet wash areas with the proper shampoo, upholstery brushes, extractors etc.
Careful, I had one customer bust a carpet cleaning company for dumping their sludge in his pits. I guess it was some sort of local code that got violated. They were supposed to take it to the local treatment plant but tried to save some $$$

MEP001

Reaction score
It's theft of service for carpet cleaners to dump their effluent at a car wash, at least when the wash is paying sewage rates. I don't allow it regardless because you don't know what they're dumping, and it usually stinks.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
It's theft of service for carpet cleaners to dump their effluent at a car wash, at least when the wash is paying sewage rates. I don't allow it regardless because you don't know what they're dumping, and it usually stinks.
It is, but the carpet cleaners got nailed on environmental charges which turned out to be far more expensive than the theft of services. The wash owner was told by his local authorities the strict requirements are due to the high risk of biological contaminants in the carpet. More and more washes are having environmental issues. It's the biggest reason we are seeing operators remove the "Engine Degreaser" label off their meterbox doors.

washnshine

Reaction score
Careful, I had one customer bust a carpet cleaning company for dumping their sludge in his pits. I guess it was some sort of local code that got violated. They were supposed to take it to the local treatment plant but tried to save some $$$
Right - anything like that would have
to adhere to laws for wastewater.

Last edited:

designflaw

Reaction score
I dont get why people do this. I think it will be a whole lot cheaper if they rent a rug-a-doctor and do it at their home.

I dont stop anyone though. I do know one guy came there, washed his carpet and not sure what happened next, he just left it there. It took alot to drag it to the dumpster so I figured he didnt realize how heavy the carpet would be after he was done cleaning it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Had a man & woman, w/ their 2 kids, wash 12 horse blankets one evening. Took them about 3 hrs & i made a lot off of em.
Country towns...