What's new

Goodbye Coin Box Bill Validators

Randy

Reaction score
Last night we lost a complete face plate with a bill validator attached, they might have gotten all of about $5 as it’s been snowing here. So enough is enough. This morning we pulled all the remaining bill validators from all of our coin boxes and vacuums. All the bill validators in the coin boxes and vacuums are nothing more than a target for the thieves. For those of you who love your bill validators in the coin boxes and vacuums it’s not a matter if you’re going to get hit it’s a matter of when. We went a long time before we got hit and they’ve destroyed thousands of dollars’ worth of equipment for just a few dollars.

David Rolf

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news Randy. Theft and equipment damage is never easy. It's a smart move to get rid of them now.

washnshine

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that Randy. Always very enraging to have this happen to your business and property and discouraging to know this type of person walks the planet.

jack954

Reaction score
agreed! got rid of mine as well for that reason. not a long walk to the change machines!!

Starrwash

Reaction score
Cameras in place? I purchased inexpensive ($300) cameras at menards which provide 10 day recording and live feed to my cell phone. Reason I mention is that I also had vacuum broken into, but did get good video and culprit was identified and being charged.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Cameras in place? I purchased inexpensive ($300) cameras at menards which provide 10 day recording and live feed to my cell phone. Reason I mention is that I also had vacuum broken into, but did get good video and culprit was identified and being charged.
Alarms & cameras with a quick enough response is IMHO a better approach than taking the bill accepters out completely. Some areas are more prone to those repetitive break-ins than others. Once it gets out of hand ... it is hard to restore an acceptable enough law & order. A former mayor of NYC in one of his "Common Sense Blogs" recently explained in detail about how local leadership has in the past worked & can work again in the future.

The fact we lock up in the evenings with our overhead doors ... helps a lot. Our doors can close & lock remotely ... maybe we should purposely leave a door unlocked so we remotely trap the property destroyers inside. Maybe some liberal judge & far left leaning media trash will accuse us of a "hate crime" by doing so ... do ya think?

jack954

Reaction score
crackheads and heroin addicts will look at the camera while they destroy our equipment. and when the police catch them i still pay for the damages. you can’t get a $ out of someone who hasn’t got a $!

washnshine

Reaction score
crackheads and heroin addicts will look at the camera while they destroy our equipment. and when the police catch them i still pay for the damages. you can’t get a $ out of someone who hasn’t got a $!
Yes. There is something very basic lacking in people who do this. They have no resources to make amends to the owners and reformation won’t happen. We end up getting caught between a rock and a hard place and have to shoulder it.

Randy

Reaction score
We have a excellent camera system and most every piece of equipment is alarmed. Problem is the sheriff here is ABSOLUTELY! worthless. When you call 911 they tell you to go online, file and police report and upload your video. The process to file a police report online is very cumbersome and uploading video is a joke. These scum bags know that nothing is ever going to happen to them so why not break into businesses and distory stuff, steal whatever I want nothing is going to happen. One of my police friends has told me that the only people they put in jail are domestic violence and crimes against people, everything else gets a walk.

jack954

Reaction score
i used to find satisfaction in the police catching the people because of my great video surveillance. but that only lasted for a few minutes, then the reality set in that i just spent 2 hours going through video and dealing with the police and now it’s time to spend a lot of time and $ getting everything fixed.

Randy

Reaction score
I've been keeping track of the number of times I call the police to my car wash. So far this I've had them there 3 times. I think last year I called the police 16 times, who says car washes aren't a magnet for the trash of society.

Starrwash

Reaction score
I occasionally give car wash Tokenotes to our local police and county sheriffs. Just to ensure they are familiar with the wash and know I support them. I’m small town 3500 with great visibility. Still chase knuckle heads out on occasion and call police on suspicious individuals.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not to mention it speeds up the collection process. In five years I'm going cashless. By then if you don't have a debit/credit card in this day and age I probably don't want you on my property. You're either a bottom dweller or you're so old you shouldn't be driving..

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Not to mention it speeds up the collection process. In five years I'm going cashless. By then if you don't have a debit/credit card in this day and age I probably don't want you on my property. You're either a bottom dweller or you're so old you shouldn't be driving..
Hopefully, you & others won't be leading the way to make that public policy to be forced down the rest of our necks considering the "$$$ over dependence" on "$$$ da cloud $$$" etc.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hopefully, you & others won't be leading the way to make that public policy to be forced down the rest of our necks considering the "$$$ over dependence" on "$$$ da cloud $$$" etc.
Why, will you leave the forum?

traveler17

Reaction score
We have a excellent camera system and most every piece of equipment is alarmed. Problem is the sheriff here is ABSOLUTELY! worthless. When you call 911 they tell you to go online, file and police report and upload your video. The process to file a police report online is very cumbersome and uploading video is a joke. These scum bags know that nothing is ever going to happen to them so why not break into businesses and distory stuff, steal whatever I want nothing is going to happen. One of my police friends has told me that the only people they put in jail are domestic violence and crimes against people, everything else gets a walk.
That is crazy about your PD. I guess having a wash in a rural town has some benefits when the police aren’t as busy. I watched a guy on my couch the other night throw 3 huge bags of trash behind locked dumpster then proceed to wash his car. It was fun watching his dumbass pick it up and lay it in his back seat. My reason not to add bill acceptors in the bays. Sorry for the damage at your place!!