What's new

Good news about Sen. Ted Kennedy !

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
And one more thing before I go. The REPUBLICAN PARTY was founded as the origniator of CIVIL LIBERITIES in the US! It took up the causes of Abolision, the right to vote for black, the unfair redistricting of the Southern Democrats during the 1940-1950's and the brutal suppression of the blacks right to vote durring that time. Republicans took up woman sufferage. Republicans fought against the very things they have somehow become. So don't tell me about "civil liberties" Republican's once stood proud to fight for them when it was to their political advantage (Abraham Lincoln) and gave it up (Andrew Jackson) after the "civil Liberties war".

mac

Reaction score
Doug, take a deep breath and stop hyperventillating. And, thanks for the prayers. Lord knows I could use them.

mac

Reaction score
You know what I find interesting about this? I have never been a registered republican or democrat. I even voted for Carter the first time. Read my original post. No where in it did I try to defend republicans. When they screw up, they deserve to be held respobsible. I just find it odd that a republican can tap a foot and every invective in the world is thrown at him and his resignation is demanded. Yet Kennedy kills a woman, and even the feminist groups think he's a swell guy.

jcedwards

lurker
Reaction score
Mac,
At least the Democrats are consistent in their in their opposition to "Pro-Life". (It's a joke, so you can calm down Doug)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I was looking on the Internet at the responses of some people regarding Ted's future or lack thereof. I was really surprised at the venom being spewed. I have never been a Kennedy fan, especially after the Mary Jo Kopechne deal but I thought most had forgotten about that. Apparently more than a few have a long memory and have little sympathy for his current situation.

Last edited:

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just a bit of info. Awhile back, I watched a documentary that presented a pretty good case that Kennedy was not actually the driver, but rather his campaign manager. Why he would take the blame was not really covered, but it could easily happened that the campaign manager had some real dirt on Kennedy and at the moment Kennedy, probably thought that with his name he could survive the problem, which other than not being able to run for President, he did. He didn't do so bad being a senator for a lifetime.

I am not saying that this is what happened and won't defend the documentary, It doesn't matter to me, just something to think about. Some will think that there is a God and he got what he deserved. Personally, I don't have the patience to wasit for God, when I'm wronged, I take care of it myself.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Doug,

It is more than a stretch to compare Ted's "accident" with Laura's. Why do you insist on always having a "tit for a tat" mentality? I never mentioned anything political in my response yet you immediately try to balance it out. I was just observing that people have a long memory when it comes to Ted. I made no political reference. Can't you look at a post at face value without turning it into a political issue?

You need to get a grip.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Doug,

It is more than a stretch to compare Ted's "accident" with Laura's. Why do you insist on always having a "tit for a tat" mentality? I never mentioned anything political in my response yet you immediately try to balance it out. I was just observing that people have a long memory when it comes to Ted. I made no political reference. Can't you look at a post at face value without turning it into a political issue?

You need to get a grip.
RPH,

Again.... I didn't start a hate filled thread stating that I can't wait for a political ICON to die! This started as a politicl thread/debate about Kennedy (which you particapated in) and his health. People can't let go of what happened in the past from his accident because he is a lightning rod of "liberal political views" and the second longest serving democrat in Congress (Sen. Byrd from WV is the longest) so he had plenty of time to stay on peoples mind (and stir up counter emotions).

I'm only saying that you and others are appling a double standard or unaware that others have had simular events happend that get little or no coverage because it does not serve them politically (or in the arguement) to do so.

Why should I pass up not pointing this out? Is it acceptable to let MAC condem someone (that's his right and opinion) but to call him out when he is "GLEEFUL" over the diagnosis and prognosis of Senator Kennedy is my perogative? That was my point.... is he going to say the same about another political/American ICON who killed someone in an accident where no charges where filled? Or is there a double standard to apply hate? Just wondering?