What's new

Good news about Sen. Ted Kennedy !

mac

Reaction score
Having had a bad work weekend, it lifted my spirits, albiet breifly, to hear the honorable senator has been admitted to a hospital. I would have preferred to read of his demise, but that will have to wait. The usual blathers from politicians only made it worse. Here is a guy that went out cheating on his wife, got drunk, and let a woman die because he didn't want to call someone at 4 AM and have the cameras show up. This is the scum that at the hearings on waterboarding prisoners , expressed total disgust at that, and yet let a young woman drown in 7 feet of water, while in his car, while he walked back to his motel room and tried to figure out how to save his career. A republican taps his foot in a restroom, and is forced to resign. A democrat kills a girl, and is lauded as a great statesman.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just to keep the facts straight, Craig, hasn't resigned yet. Well, actually he did, then he didn't. I don't know if he is gay or not or if he tapped his foot, but there is no doubt that he is stupid, which IMO is worse. He should resign. The Dems have some skelitons, but the Repubs have had their share of arrogant morons too.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Ok, no one can deny that 272 Rebums are pathetic. What amazes me are the guys that were reelected by the ding bats in their districts after they get convicted and one was even in jail when he was reelected.

Apparently, the Dems are the good guys or at least didn't get caught doing anything .

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Ok, no one can deny that 272 Rebums are pathetic. What amazes me are the guys that were reelected by the ding bats in their districts after they get convicted and one was even in jail when he was reelected.

Apparently, the Dems are the good guys or at least didn't get caught doing anything .

No Bill, Apparently the DEMS CAN'T DRIVE or HOLD thier LICQUOR (Corizine from NJ last Year got ticket for not wearing a seat beat & speeding). While DOZEN's of Rebuplicans are caught with kids, hookers and other men. Buy a huge majority (exception; Spitzer... but she was HOTTTT!)!

But Mac's standards are high.... so maybe he would tell us about Laura Walsh Bush's involment in an accident that killed someone? Will he dance upon the announcement of her death bed should she fall ill?

As much as I dispise this President.... I never (unlike ex-president canidates) even joke about harm comming to someone ("I think that was Obama falling from a chiar, some one pointed a gun at him"). See it's a REBUPLICAN THING to wish harm on someone! But MAC does...very sad MAC... I'll pray for you!

jcedwards

lurker
Reaction score
I think it is wrong to wish ill to others. I hope Ted lives a longer life.

Remember, the joy in seeing Republicans fall is that they stand for something. The Democrats have fought for years to legalize or soften the rules/laws on so much of what goes on in our society. The Democrats are not so much a party in favor of anything, just a collection of special interests motivated by anger and resentment towards others. Listen to the speeches from the Democrats. They are often filled with 'we have been wronged' or 'it's not fair' or 'you stop doing what made you successful' or 'there is not enough ______'. (Think about this - really think about all the Democrats you know and tell me they are not angry people and often vote against, not for issues) I think the 1/2 of the labels are correct: Conservatives. The other school of thought should not be called Liberal (I happen to be very liberal in a classical sense), but instead Destroyers.

It is a perverse thrill to see apparent hypocrites fall. Also, add to this that the prosecutors are often of the Democrat bent and we have more statistics.

A person may know something is wrong and not be able to help themselves. At least they still stand for the right thing, instead of trying to change the rules to condone their behavior. Let's say Sen Craig is gay. He has fought for traditional marriage despite a selfish interest of allowing gay marriage. He knows that gay marriage is wrong for society and sticks to it. (PLEASE - I not arguing gay marriage, but it was the most convenient example given what has been said.)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The Democratic Party is the party of negatives. They have no platform other than to not do what the Republicans do. They promise jobs, prosperity, free health care, world peace and anything that sounds good to the masses yet they neglect to say how they will accomplish this much more pay for it. I have always tried to vote for the candidate rather than the party. I take no great pleasure with either party but I find that the Democratic Party has a tendency to tear down their opponent rather than build up their own credibility. They are not the loyal opposition. They are the party of character assassination and misrepresentation.

They try to paint themselves as something of a Robin Hood that takes away from the rich and gives to the poor. I think it was Charles Barkley who recently said, all my poor friends have been voting Democratic for 30 years and they are still poor.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Call me pessimistic, but both political parties are a facade. Right now it's like going to college and having to decide between two fraternities to join, and they're both full of retards and dicks. Taking sides only distracts us from the fact that both parties are dragging us straight towards Hell's door. Just one is dragging us a little faster than the other.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Hard to argue with that.

With gas climbing quickly to $4 a gallon and the politicians more worried about saving trees and wildlike than a downward spiraling of the economy it seems almost ridiculous to support anyone currently in or running for office. One party seems to want to give away the ranch and the other sits on the ranch and says things are not that bad right now.

Maybe we should all just vote no until someone gets a clue.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Human nature and the "human fraility" to "sin" is not bound by one political party. But for one party to have cliamed the political high ground and "moral majority over the years has only come back to bite them in the proverbial a$$! The republican party did this to solidify the base, the Christian vote and claim that they have the moral and "family values" to get the advantage after 40 years for democratic control of Congress. Now, after 12 year, it look like the republicans have lock themsevles into the base on these "value voters" and they are begining to stay home this election cycle.

Look around the Country in this election cycle. Republicans lost in once very safe areas MS 01 where Bush carried 65% of the vote. Now is went Democrat. Some republican stragist are warning that it will be 10 years until republican get a majority again in Congress. Just reading your comment tells me the same thing.... some of you rather not vote.

It is hypocritical to have on party claim "superiority" over another but that we have a differing view or principle or how America should handle her problems. But to violate the laws.... that's hypocritical while claiming "faimly values", "moral majority" or "Socially conservative". It's a violation and abuse of POWER that all political people are potentially capable off reguardless of political affiliation.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
The Democratic Party is the party of negatives. They have no platform other than to not do what the Republicans do. They promise jobs, prosperity, free health care, world peace and anything that sounds good to the masses yet they neglect to say how they will accomplish this much more pay for it. I have always tried to vote for the candidate rather than the party. I take no great pleasure with either party but I find that the Democratic Party has a tendency to tear down their opponent rather than build up their own credibility. They are not the loyal opposition. They are the party of character assassination and misrepresentation.

They try to paint themselves as something of a Robin Hood that takes away from the rich and gives to the poor. I think it was Charles Barkley who recently said, all my poor friends have been voting Democratic for 30 years and they are still poor.

But RPH, when I look back (again I never voted for Him, I was a republican) under Clinton.... we had a surplus, strong economic growth over the longest expantion in US history and we more welcomed around the World! Now we have the largest Government in US history, the largest debt, soring fuel cost and a protracted war. WHY SHOULD I VOTE REPUBLICAN AGAIN?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Doug, the others are right, both parties have different "platforms" that are suppose to help us. The reality is that both are in it for their self interest and if anything good happens to you and me, we are really lucky. It is funny that the Dems platform of "the poor helping the poor" is no longer right, the Dems apparently have more collective wealth than the Repubs. I forget which Senator it was, but it was Dem from the Midwest, and he was lamenting how, when he was there, that even though they were "enemies" they compromised for the greater good, but now both parties would rather destroy the country than give an inch to the other. This is what is wrong with a lot of the other countries, having lived at the top social ladder in Mexico, I saw this first hand. Another reason that they are still a third world county.

You can credit Clinton all you want for the prosperity of the 90's but if you really understood economics you would realize that a monkey could have been in the Whitehouse and it would have been the same. Like I've said Doug, it'll be interesting to hear what you have to say 4 years from now. You are right it will probably be 12 years before the public gets feed up with the Dems and switch back. It has nothing to do with who is the better party its just an opposition to the "other" one.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Doug, I was sure that you were trying to be balanced and that after searching you just didn't find where any Dems were showing less than a staler example of being a good politician, but it appears that with some extensive research, there were a couple of Dems that failed to live up to their honorable potential.

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm

Who would have suspected.

This looks like a site that you can verify a few things political:

http://politicalgraveyard.com/index.html

I noticed that they mentioned Clinton's impeachment. When this was going on, one of my partners was a flaming Dem and he was adamant that Clinton didn't do it with Monica, then when the blue dress showed up, we were in our local hangout and he declared that "a BJ wasn't sex". Since all of the wait staff were female, I called them all over and had him repeat himself, at which point they all proceeded to beat the crap out of him with their trays etc. Pretty soon he acquiesced that maybe it was sex. He was also a TV celeb and the bar was packed, maybe you had to be there to appreciate it, but it was funny.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Yes Bill... as I said BOTH PARTIES have NO CLAIM on "moral" principles.... but the party that CLAIMS THAT risked being called HYPOCRITICAL! Futher more.... on that list it has "affairs" listed which are not a crime in the US (lying under oath is). And BTW in several polls your friend is right... in one such PEW reseach poll 80% of men and 20 % of woman said that oral sex was not "SEX").

MAC "drew first blood" bring down the list which is very one sided on the republican side on crime. Why? Because "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutly" and the republican spent years "stacking the deck in thier favor to keep power to thier side (specificly the K street project) and redistricting which created a lot of cronisism. This shift in power and the attempts to keep it (obstruction, refusal to appear before Congress in supeneas) is evidence of futher trouble to come. This and the changing of laws like the "rome treaty", the "patriot act", the "protect America act" all have provission to stop investigations and prosicutions of the violation of US & international laws. The TELECOM IMMUNITY ACT also. All abuse of power.

So yes, the platforms are vast.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Excuse me Doug but we are at war with someone who attacked us first. I hope you worry about civil liberties when someone bombs Tampa Bay because we were unable to monitor terrorist messages.

The same people that worry about the Patriot Act are screaming to disband Guantanemo Bay. Almost every one that has been released has been involved in some form of terrorist activity since they were released. WE ARE AT WAR. Those held there are prisioners of war not on a vacation. The same for waterboarding. Some people are more worried about how we treat our enemies rather than what the enemies are doing to us. For some reason those same people think we can just talk things out with these people. These people want to kill us, not converse. If we could talk them to death the Liberals would have won the war a long time ago.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion over the years that it doesn't matter one bit who you vote for. Either way you vote you're gonna get the same thing. Doesn't matter if it's city, county, state, or national. All will tell you anything you want to hear to get your vote. Just a fact of life. All the while their blowing smoke you know where. Their whole objective is to get in office so they can have things their way. Once in office, in their opinion, anything is fair game to get them ahead. Yes it would be a wonderful world if everyone who ran for office was in it for you and me. If they would give and take a little both ways and do what's best for the nation as a whole and not just themselves or their friends we would all be better off. Can't help but hope for the best. I hope everything works out for all of us.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Excuse me Doug but we are at war with someone who attacked us first. I hope you worry about civil liberties when someone bombs Tampa Bay because we were unable to monitor terrorist messages.

The same people that worry about the Patriot Act are screaming to disband Guantanemo Bay. Almost every one that has been released has been involved in some form of terrorist activity since they were released. WE ARE AT WAR. Those held there are prisioners of war not on a vacation. The same for waterboarding. Some people are more worried about how we treat our enemies rather than what the enemies are doing to us. For some reason those same people think we can just talk things out with these people. These people want to kill us, not converse. If we could talk them to death the Liberals would have won the war a long time ago.
Dude, Iraq didn't attack the US. They had nothing to do with it. GITMO & torture! Hell Colin Power & most US generals called for it to be closed... hardley LIBERALS! Intel is better gather by monitoring them in the feild by who they contact then by coercerve action (water boarding) and if they are a danger... take them out! I have no love for any person wishing to harm the US of it's citizens.... but you can't break our laws and become like them.... to justify why we did an illegal act without authoritization (wire tapping phones without warrents) then retroactively pass laws to cover their a$$es! BS! They knew they did wrong to Americans like you and I and said it was to "protect America" under some catchy phrase. You try not appearing for a subena and see what happens!

And for your info... most of these programs were started under CLINTON! Bush just expanded them.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
And BUSH HAD THE FREAKING MESSAGE! "BIN LADIN seeks to attack US using planes". Hell CENTCOM had intel IN TAMPA on 3 or 4 of the Highjackers! BUSH was in the TAMPA area on that day SEPT 11th!

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
It is also wrong that "almost every one" of the detainees have returned to the battlefeid or terrorist activies. Reports or "some", in fact last week one had blown him self up in Iraq (I think no one else was killed.. I can go back and re-read that article). And if they did return... the "human intell" we could gather would be worth a hell of a lot more than what we got for 5 years of them sitting on a rock in the carribean! I just hope that we were smart enought to "tag" them.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/03/27/secstate_0328.html

ATHENS — Five former U.S. secretaries of State said Thursday the next president should move quickly to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

That single act would improve America's dismal reputation in the world immediately, agreed Henry Kissinger, James Baker, Warren Christopher, Madeleine Albright and Colin Powell.
The five former secretaries, who served under Presidents Nixon, Ford, George H.W. Bush, Clinton and George W. Bush, were at the University of Georgia for a roundtable discussion billed as "The 16th Report of the Secretaries of State," which offered "bipartisan advice to the next administration." Kissinger, Baker and Powell all served Republican presidents. Albright and Christopher served Clinton, a Democrat.

http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/2008/01/16/us-military-chiefs-strategic-call-to-close-guantanamo/
Widely reported in the last few days were comments made by the United States’ most senior military official, Admiral Mike Mullen, during a visit to Guant?namo on Sunday. In his first trip to the prison since he became chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in October, Admiral Mullen told reporters, “I’d like to see it shut down.” Asked why, he explained, “More than anything else it’s been the image –- how Gitmo has become around the world, in terms of representing the United States. I believe that from the standpoint of how it reflects on us that it’s been pretty damaging.”"

The majority here are conservatives within this administration or past republican administration. Only two are from Clinton's past administration. The Baker commission recommended closing it down over 2 years ago.

Last edited: