What's new

Good Job, Kleen-Rite

MEP001

Reaction score
In addition to everything Roz mentioned, you can also "buddy up" with another wash operator and place large orders together. My orders are usually between $2000 and $3000 and they've always shipped free, even before the new points system.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
The back order stuff kills me. I don’t think I’ve ever made a KR order without something coming later and charging me for shipping a second time. They definitely over charge shipping in general

That being said they have some of the best prices and a nice selection of items. I make 90% of my orders via KR
I agree. But they really gotta do something with the back orders and shipping costs. I used to run a web based store and I had to daily update my web page with items out of stock, back order, etc. I don't know why a big company like KR can't have someone do it full time. Hell, I did it while having a 10 hour a day, six day a week job.

Rainway

Reaction score
I order a fair amount from KR but have to watch the back order and shipping from multiple locations (I call otherwise if I order online it comes from wherever they have in stock and get double shipping). When I do a large order the free shipping of course is continental US so being in Alaska I can get shipping to Washington where it hits the barge (I have to pay Seattle to Alaska freight). But On top of that Washington nails me with > 10% sales tax.

There’s no sales tax here and it chaps me paying Washington sales tax. I told KR they shouldn’t have to delivering to a common carrier but they wouldn’t budge - I guess the politicos in Washington state stuck it to Alaskans Because they did away with Whatever exemption I used to be able to use. So Washington forces tax collection but I can file once a year during a small window to get the WA state portion of the tax back - but they don’t Refund the county / local portion). So I’m helping fund some WA kids getting liberal public school education just because my supplies pass through the Port of Seattle...

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
You still have to pay the sales use tax.
Some states are stricter than others it seems when it comes to "use" tax auditing. Some auditors sent by the individual state ... it can appear like they came straight from hell ... I am not sure if the overzealous ones ... are just going out of their way to win points with the top elected sales tax boss or not? The top elected sales tax boss who very possibly later on gets a very high up job with the banking merchant fee industry ... still plenty involved in politics!

As far as the unified streamlined tax laws which KR is correctly abiding by ... we have to be vigilant to prevent some of those same politicians who were successful in getting that through ... that they do not change their efforts towards going after added on new "service taxes" which would be on all of our "gross receipts" Big difference between "net" & "gross" for most of us IMHO!