What's new

Good Job, Kleen-Rite

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently placed a big ( for me) order with Kleen Rite. Soaps, waxes, polish in 30 and 55 gallon drums. Loads of vending, vac motors, detail supplies, signs, you name it.

When I received the order, several items were missing. They were backordered I found out. In 'normal' times, I put "please cancel backorders" in the notes section of the order.

When I called today, I spoke to Vanessa, who was amazing! She went through my order line by line, looking up part numbers, finding replacements and handling all the details to get me what I need for my business.

The service I got was excellent. Almost makes me want to wear a free Kleen-rite T-shirt, size L!!!

tkpete

Reaction score
I used to get all my supplies from them all the time but I don't now. Their shipping is outrageous compared to other companies. Their prices my be cheaper but after shipping they're higher.

OurTown

Reaction score
I used to get all my supplies from them all the time but I don't now. Their shipping is outrageous compared to other companies. Their prices my be cheaper but after shipping they're higher.

Who is less expensive? I know there are a handful of suppliers out there but curious who you would switch to. We signed up for the Elite membership at Car Wash Superstore a few months or so ago and have used it about three times. This last time we had about a dozen or so items to order. About a third were not available on their website and the rest totaled over $100 more than KR. We had enough points for free shipping of a 40lb box so we ordered it from KR.

soapy

Reaction score
I just ordered some stuff from KR and noticed they have taken away the under 40 lb. free shipping when redeeming 7500 bonus points.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I try to stay well-stocked on parts , vending and chemicals, so I can take advantage of free shipping on pallet orders.

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to shop every item for best price. Ten years ago it was worth the trouble, but shipping costs are so high now that I don't bother. The secret is planning. I get two big orders a year with their free shipping offers, enough for a full pallet, and usually a couple more orders between when I need one thing that I will add other things to so I'm not paying $30 shipping for a Slugbuster or a seal kit. Those orders have also been getting shipped free lately thanks to points. I order one thing NOT from Kleen rite, since they don't carry Domel vac motors.

Roz

Reaction score
We ordered a pallet to get the free shipping (over $1250) however a few small items were on backorder so the total billed/shipped came to $1245 plus $167 in shipping costs. Customer service (and sales) is normally very good, however, this time they have not returned the voice message and email message about the shipping costs.

I wonder if they changed their free shipping policy from all pallets above $1250 get free shipping such that you need to have points to redeem to get free shipping?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I have the elite membership with Carwash superstore, and I even got free shipping when I ordered 20 rollers a few weeks ago. Those things are heavy. That paid for the membership right there.

MEP001

Reaction score
We ordered a pallet to get the free shipping (over $1250) however a few small items were on backorder so the total billed/shipped came to $1245 plus $167 in shipping costs. Customer service (and sales) is normally very good, however, this time they have not returned the voice message and email message about the shipping costs.

I wonder if they changed their free shipping policy from all pallets above $1250 get free shipping such that you need to have points to redeem to get free shipping?
If they did, it was a recent change. They've always for me shipped backorders separately and for free. They do wait and ship all backorders at once, although that's something I requested. But my orders not counting backorders are always still well over the $1250.

Jim64

Reaction score
I’ve always had great service from Kleen-rite, and if I ever had an issue it has been solved with a phone call. The only thing I would change if I could is the sales tax. I hate spending $5000 and then paying $500 tax.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am a carwash superstore guy now. Jennifer, Erica,& Mike crush kleen rite on customer service. I ordered 30 90 degree 1/2 x 3/8 push locks from kleen rite last month still have not got them yet as usual on backorder. I buy more and more from carwash super store they treat me right no doubt always keep you updated in the loop good people.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Is it just me or does Klean rite new website hops around to much. It jump around to much? I think it take longer to look up for supplies.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I also had a big order from KR. $2200 3 30 gal drums and 24 5 gal pails and some misc stuff. Still got wacked with 200 in shipping and an item was missing. No reply for the missing item and question why was I charged shipping for a full pallet. What is up with their full pallet free shipping?? Do you actually have to be specific and only order 36 pails? or 6 (was 4) 30 gal drums??

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I’ve always had great service from Kleen-rite, and if I ever had an issue it has been solved with a phone call. The only thing I would change if I could is the sales tax. I hate spending $5000 and then paying $500 tax.
I got a tax exemption from my state and filed it with KR. They no longer charge me sales tax.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have pretty much moved everything over to carwash superstore also. My last order with Kleenrite they shipped me the same wrong valve 3 times in a row. Each time they tried to charge me shipping on an order that was suppose to be part of a free shipping deal. They corrected everything in the end but it just turned me off they could ship me the wrong valve 3 times in a row when I called each time and told them they must have something messed up with their part numbers and they said they would correct it. My other issue is when something gets back ordered you know you will never receive it unless you call and remind them. I agree though. The shipping charges is the biggest driver in my move.

MC3033

Reaction score
The back order stuff kills me. I don’t think I’ve ever made a KR order without something coming later and charging me for shipping a second time. They definitely over charge shipping in general

That being said they have some of the best prices and a nice selection of items. I make 90% of my orders via KR

Roz

Reaction score
CV19 seems to be affecting them as their customer service people are working from home.

Had a helpful conversation with them about the 3 ways to get free shipping. Basically was clarification for me.

1. Fill a pallet with chemicals and mention free shipping in notes section. See website for container numbers. Combination of sizes does seem to be an art to calculate but call them for advice.

2. Use 50k points for free shipping. You get 10 points per dollar spent. Their rewards plan is a little confusing when you see all the rewards you have access to at checkout and forget that you usually only get one or two rewards since each deducts points Immediately. If you change mind and remove a reward from checkout the points are not added back to your account so save the reward email with the rewards code to use in future.

3. Wait for a $1250 spend for free shipping promotion. Those happen when chemical promotions are done and there is a trade show Somewhere. There are 3-4 months when you will see the free shipping promotion.

just goes to prove the research that giving consumers too many options can have a negative impact at times. KISS principle.

Overall KR does have some of the best pricing even in comparison to Amazon.