What's new

Good Drying Agents for Touchless

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I have been using Simoniz Super Dri with mixed results. It is the cheapest that KR sells. Can anyone suggest a better product that is available at KR as I buy all my stuff there.

Thanks in advance!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i've been using kleen seal w/teflon and really like it

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
One of the more important issues for drying agents is that the surface on the vehicle is on the acidic side when the drying agent is applied. This is especially important with touchless operations because they depend more on chemicals doing the job than friction does and if the balance is off, drying will be inhibited. Another issue is to make sure you are applying the proper amount. Drying agents are the only chemical that has a window - it won't work if you use too little or too much. If the surface pH is okay and you are applying the right amount you probably need to change what you are using. Maybe start with Waxman's recommendation. I have seen a super sealants work really well and if diluted down as far as possible it usually is cost competitive.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Waxman,

I use it too on one of my washes.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Do you apply the KR Teflon CCP as a Low Pressure or High Pressure application?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Don't know what system you're using Leo, but most operators that use high pressure application and hydrominders don't run near the required concentration. They look on the container, and it recommends a certain concentration. Then that's what they put in their hydrominder, overlooking that this solution again mixes again with a water stream and is diluted another 90%, if not more. I have a water wizard, which is mixed and then allowed to be drawn into the high pressure pump. I have to use big tips usually somewhere in the red range to get adequate water breaking on the car. The same product works great with a purple tip in a low pressure application.

HP wax is not the best way to apply the product. There is a lot of waste due to purge times both before and after the CCP cycle. Still, my HP CCP costs about .10 per car, which is reasonable enough for me because it breaks well and leaves a residual water repellent effect that customers comment about. .The same product in a low pressure would probably cut that product cost in half, (or even more when considering water usage).