What's new

Goldline and Water Wizard “Car Wash in Use”

Mtaylor

Reaction score
I have an old Goldline and Water Wizard. The past few months we’ve had an issue with what I’ve deduced is the cycle inhibitor. I can pay for a wash, but once the cycle is complete and another customer is ready to wash, they’ll pay and the Goldline will say “please wait, car wash in use”, but the bay is empty.

I’ve seen several other posts regarding this issue, but I haven’t been able to figure out the solution, or if anyone ever arrived at a consensus. The previous owner suggested changing relays in the Goldline, which did not work. I am without the electrical schematics for the Goldline, so any details you can provide would be incredibly helpful.

I am a new operator flying blind during pollen season. Please help!

Thank you!

chaz

Reaction score
I had a similar situation with my goldline and mrkvii gt700. In my case it was an issue with a proximity switch. It was either the switch on the treadle plate (loose I think) or the switch that detects wash at home not seeing the unit at home. I have had both these issues…just can’t remember which one caused the “car wash in use” you are seeing. Good luck and let us know the fix.
(worst part at my end it was intermittent…so even harder to diagnose)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
My thinking would be more along the lines of chaz's thinking. I had a bunch of Mark VII's and usually got that when it thinks the car is still in the bay. Treadle switch issue, or maybe an eye that needs to be cleared before the next car can enter, that's where I would look.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
is this intermittent, or happens every time?

Have you tried switching the toggle switch in the goldline to the other setting?

What does the scrolling sign on the car wash sign? Is it scrolling a welcome message? If it says "exit slowly" you've got a problem on the wizard.

Have you checked the 120V cycle inhibit and neutral wire connections at both the goldline and the ECC?

Look on page 31 of this manual.

Also start on page 18 here

https://www.hamiltonmfg.com/downloads/manuals/autocashiers/101-0041.pdf

good luck!

Randy

Reaction score
Does it not fire off the next wash every time or is this problem intermittent? When you replaced the Cycle Inhibit relay did you install the correct voltage and did you install a relay with a indicator light? The wash equipment sends a signal back to the ACW when it’s ready for the next wash via the Cycle Inhibit circuit. If the cycle inhibit signal from the wash equipment isn’t received back to the ACW the wash will say “Car wash busy please wait”. If you have a relay with an indicator light on it watch the light on the Cycle inhibit relay, it’ll be marked “C.I” on the relay panel. Watch the C,I relay it will either be On or Off depending on your wash equipment. When the car that is being washed exits the wash bay the C.I relay will either flash momentarily off or on depending on your wash equipment. Some wash equipment has a constant voltage to the C.I relay, and some send a voltage to the C.I relay to reset the ACW. The voltage could be 110AC, 24AC or 24DC. If you don’t have a relay with a indicator light use a voltmeter to check for the C.I signal coming back from the wash equipment. Check your all your wiring connections. A good friend of mine in Idaho just went though all of this and he had a bad spice in the C.I wire going back to the ACW.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I had this problem with my old superior automatic car wash it was a bad treadle pad.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
You need to figure out if your Auto isn't sending the cycle inhibit pulse or the acw isn't receiving/acknowledging it. Could be various issues for either but you need to figure out where to look first. Add a resettable counter to your automatics cycle inhibit or end of wash (whatever you want to call it) output and one to the acw inhibit relay. Keep a log compared to wash counts and then the next time it happens see if your machine sent a signal after the last wash or not. If not, your machine probably thinks there is still a car in the bay. If it did, the ACW relay either didnt get the signal, didn't fire, or could have a bad relay panel with a bad or loose solder connection.