What's new

Goldline .25 credit

DPD36

Reaction score
One of my goldlines occasionally shows a .25 credit on the display. When this happens the customer is charged the full amount of the wash, but the wash is not triggered.
I thought that this was possibly tied to the coin acceptor, but have removed both of them. Both of my goldlines have cryptopay swipe and tap readers. The tap readers are new. I have replaced the swiper in the past to see if it was the culprit.
Earlier today, I was helping a customer. She swiped a card that would not read. Got out a different card and I told her to use the tap. When she tapped it verified (slower than usual) and then displayed the .25 credit.
Cryptopay and Hamilton were no help when I contacted them in the past.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

chaz

Reaction score
i assume u have cycled the power. Intermittent makes things harder. I’d think Hamilton could offer suggestions with the handheld looking for codes….but each company likes to blame the other. I’d also check for all connections to be secure and look for any pinched wires.…..….…..

is your “tap” from crypto? Cause I’ve been asking Hamilton about “tap” and they say not available

DPD36

Reaction score
Yes, tap is from cryptopay. I installed tap a few months ago and had this issue prior to that. Back then it was maybe every 4 or 500 washes. I've checked all of the wiring as best I can. I've got a handheld, but no ideas on how to use it to look for codes. I will look into using the handheld.

I have cycled power in the past and on at least three occasions the 25 cent credit has occurred the first transaction after cycling power.

chaz

Reaction score
I was having issues with one of my HAMILTON DTI in bay units….Hamilton tech talked me through clearing errors with the hand held…worth A try. Also check the wiring and coin path on one (or both if u have 2) slugbusters. Might be needing sample coin adjustment or repair?