What's new

Going Green

JPW

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm just about done with a 2/2 in Knoxville, and was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the chemicals saying that they are GREEN FRIENDLY? I was thinking of using some of them. THANKS

MEP001

Reaction score
Sometimes "Green friendly" just means they're biodegradable. If you plan to use chemicals that are and plan to tout them for that, you should find out exactly why.

john30036

Reaction score
Green means are there surfactants being used in the chemical like nonle-phenoly (spelling). Its hard to get "green" chemicals in the wash world but they are available.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I don't think there is a clear cut definition of "green" chemicals. Right now it appears it is whatever the chemical manufacturer wants it to be. In a sense it is more a marketing ploy than anything else since it is the "hot' button companies use in many different industries.

Almost all chemicals used in the car wash industry could be classified as biodegradable since the basic definition of that is that the ingredients will eventually degrade and return to a natural form. The other term often thrown around is "environmentally friendly" which is usually used in the same sense as biodegradable.

To answer your question I guess you need to check out what is available to you in your market and go with what you think will appeal to your customer base.