What's new

Going from 8 options to 12 in SS bays

Strava

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering new meter boxes and going from 8 to 12 options. I was wondering what I should add in the last two open spots

----what I have on my meter box now------

1. Stop
2. Tire Cleaner
3. Pre-Soak
4. Wash Soap
5. Foam Brush
6. Rinse
7. Clear Coat
8. Spot Free Rinse

-----what I plan on adding atm-----

9. Blower
10. Tri-Foam

-----what do I add for the last two spaces----

11. Rain-x???
12.??????

washnshine

Reaction score
You’ve got all the biggies. Maybe a bug/salt remover on the empty slot and instead of trifoam, put in a carnauba wax or ceramic sealer.

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
Another response for low pressure wax. I added a carnuaba wax option back in March of this year and it's getting used steadily. It is a costly chemical but being count up it's more time spent in the bay and more revenue. I have 2 high pressure rinses as stated above and an engine cleaner option which I'll just be combining with my tire cleaner when I get my blowers put in this year. Mind if I ask what blower option you went with?

Strava

Reaction score
Mind if I ask what blower option you went with?
I have no clue. I'm owned my wash for about 2 months now and I'm still trying to educate myself. Have any suggestions? : )

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
I have no clue. I'm owned my wash for about 2 months now and I'm still trying to educate myself. Have any suggestions? : )
I'm still shopping around myself and getting pricing together but it seems like the single motor Air Shamme is the most popular from what I've seen if you don't go the DIY route. I have noticed I like the trigger pull guns with just a round opening much more than the sliced 10-12" option handles when I've used them at competitors seeing what I like/don't like

Reaction score
I am in the same spot as you right now. Ordering new boxes and thinking of the additional settings.

I too like the idea of RAIN X. I feel like its a good brand play and people will soak their vehicle in it.

Whats the update on the route you went.

Also like MEP's idea to do a second rinse cycle before spot free.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I know that this is a left-field option, but we have a setting for a fresh water flush to outboard motors. It is a separate hose line, with a fitting to clamp around the water inlet on outboards. Shown in the bottom left corner of this photo. From what I can gather, this seems to be pretty rare at other carwash sites.

Attachments

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering new meter boxes and going from 8 to 12 options. I was wondering what I should add in the last two open spots

1. Stop
2. Tire Cleaner
3. Pre-Soak
4. Wash Soap
5. Foam Brush
6. Rinse
7. Clear Coat
8. Spot Free Rinse

9. Blower
10. Tri-Foam

-----what do I add for the last two spaces----

11. Rain-x???
12.??????
I put in under undercarriage wash.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score

1. Stop
2. Tire Cleaner
3. Pre-Soak
4. Wash Soap
5. Foam Brush
6. Rinse
7. Clear Coat
8. Spot Free Rinse

9. Blower
10. Tri-Foam