What's new

Gloves for cleaning out vacs

OurTown

Reaction score
Although we have yet to find any needles anywhere at our wash we want them to be puncture proof, waterproof, and at least somewhat articulate. I looked at some but not really finding anything that I like plus it's hard to believe how expensive they can get. What gloves are you using?

MEP001

Reaction score
I use a cleanout tub and just dump it into the trash, and a long-handle gong brush and small dustpan to get out the little bit that settles under the bin. I don't put my hands in the vac trash because you won't find gloves that are safe enough.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have clean out tubs too but I find myself grabbing the stuff that's still hanging from the bags.

MEP001

Reaction score
Good point, hopefully nothing would get up there that could poke you but I understand being careful. I bought some extra-thick nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight that say they're cut resistant that are pretty good, but I don't think they'd stand a chance against a syringe. Since pierce resistant gloves are so pricey, maybe get some of the biggest nitrile gloves to go on over them and keep them clean. Or maybe use a toilet brush to clean off the bags.

Randy

Reaction score
Although we have yet to find any needles anywhere at our wash we want them to be puncture proof, waterproof, and at least somewhat articulate. I looked at some but not really finding anything that I like plus it's hard to believe how expensive they can get. What gloves are you using?
We clean out our vacuums 3 times a week, Monday, Thursday and Saturday and we wear this type of glove I made a special brush for cleaning out the inside of the vac filter bag out of a old toilet brush on the end of a rubber hose, with the brush there's no need to stick your hand inside the vacuum filter bag. We run the brush up the filter bag about once a month or so. .

OurTown

Reaction score
We clean out our vacuums 3 times a week, Monday, Thursday and Saturday and we wear this type of glove I made a special brush for cleaning out the inside of the vac filter bag out of a old toilet brush on the end of a rubber hose, with the brush there's no need to stick your hand inside the vacuum filter bag. We run the brush up the filter bag about once a month or so. .

Those look exactly like the gloves we are using. I like the modified toilet brush idea.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Those look exactly like the gloves we are using. I like the modified toilet brush idea.
If your vacs fill up three time a week I am very jealous.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I used to be more lax with the time between vac cleanouts until my friend Eric laughed at me. Now it's once a week like a clock.
If it were me, I would cut that guy loose. The next thing you know, he will have you changing brushes, cleaning bags regularly, checking all bay functions daily...It will never end. There's no need for people like that in your life, ditch him before it's too late.