What's new

Glass building resale prices

Alan Bussey

Reaction score
Guys -

Ok, here goes....I have a newbie investor leaning to a metal-frame all-glass structure for a 60-foot express conveyor. I'm not sure what financing I can offer on one of these structures.

For the collateral analysis I need to evidence to the lenders and to the appraiser the resale value of the structure. I need to be able to demonstrate the likely resale price several years into the future - as a whole, and on a per-square-foot basis, ideally by age and condition.

If the structure is dismantled by the seller or seller's contractor what would be the likely 60-day or 90-day sale price to be picked up at the original site by the buyer?

How much would it sell for if it were disassembled by the seller and shipped by the seller to the buyer's site (or any other combination of ways that one can be dissasembled and shipped)?

How many of these have been disassembled and sold as used? (Specifically in-bay automatic and short conveyor structures.) Do you personally know of any? Would the manufacturers have this information, etc..?

What have been the selling prices and terms of these sales?

How many of these in-place all-glass metal-frame car wash structures are for sale now that are to be moved? What are the asking prices? (as a whole and on a per square foot basis)

Ideally I'd like to show any ads to sell some of these, bills of sale, give the brokers and sellers and buyers as references, etc..

After few years how much are these things worth on a resale basis?

If you own one or more of these, would you build another new one for your next wash?

I'd appreciate any constructive input. Thanks, guys.

Alan Bussey