What's new

Glass Building for IBA

Reaction score
Anyone out there that built a glass cw building? I want to know an approximate price of about 45'x20' would be, Im thinking of building a new wash at my site because the newer washes will not fit in my iba bay! Thanks.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Call Brian Carter at 803-981-2653. His company makes glass buildings for other companies that sells them.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I was involved in the carwash building business for a few years.

Today, there are a handful of firms in U.S. that manufacture such buildings (glass and polycarbonate).

In other words, most building companies are dealers.

I would check out ModernWash - Metrocurve 550e comes with or without mechanical room and has false tower component to add perspective.

My last quote was $75 per SF, installed.

washnvac

Reaction score
Everyone I have seen looks like crap after just a few years. I have not seen one that has been properly maintained, and still looks good. Just my observation of glass buildings.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
Our glass IBA building was purchased through Lighthouse Car Wash Systems. It is a bear to keep clean, even with the window weep. I wouldn't do it again. There are 6 of these buildings in our region and all of them have had the seals break down between the two panes of glass. You cannot clean it when you can't get to it. Further, we have disassembled some to try to clean them on the inside - no way will you get that stuff off.

Do your research carefully and make sure you inspect some buildings that have been around for at least 5 years.

JustClean

Reaction score
If you can avoid glass you better do it. But if you really want glass cover the glass when it's new with an anti-graffiti film. Best thing we ever did. No etching of the glass and the dirt comes off so much easier. Hope that helped.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If you believe there is advantage in having a “see-through” building, have the building custom designed.

For example, we designed a glass building by centering the carwash system within a 30’ wide structure. No water reaches the sidewalls.

Support equipment normally inside attached mechanical room is shielded with short divider wall.

BCWS

Reaction score
If you believe there is advantage in having a “see-through” building, have the building custom designed.

For example, we designed a glass building by centering the carwash system within a 30’ wide structure. No water reaches the sidewalls.

Support equipment normally inside attached mechanical room is shielded with short divider wall.
My experience is its a huge advantage. The glass buildings are going on 7 years old and they look as good as the day they opened.

1. Hire a glass cleaning company once a year to clean the inside and outside of the buildings (very reasonable cost).
2. Make sure your window rinse system is working properly.
3. Periodic spot clean the windows - we use a product called vision made by Ver-Tech Labs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG_cSEP3sY. Easy to use.

Yeah, I have seen other glass buildings that look atrocious. Have seen non glass buildings that look terrible too. I think it boils down to
the simple things like staying on top of keeping things clean and maintained.

JustClean

Reaction score
My experience is its a huge advantage. The glass buildings are going on 7 years old and they look as good as the day they opened.

2. Make sure your window rinse system is working properly.
If you cover the glass with anti graffiti film you won't need a "window rinse system".

mac

Reaction score
I know how my shower door at home gets dirty, and I'm not using harsh chemicals or blasting off heavy dirt and bugs, And that is with fresh city water.

Etowah