What's new

GinSan waterlovers r/o

washnvac

Reaction score
Just took over a foreclosed car wash with gs 3 membrane r/o unit. Previous owner took the spider web of lines, and made it worse. Took me weeks just to get good spot-free production.

Now I have an issue with the flush running back into the storage tank. I have the full schematic from GinSan that shows a check valve after the flush solenoid. But that will not keep water out of storage tank during flush cycle. I know I am just probably missing something simple here.

If anyone has this unit, could you send me a picture of the reject regulator and flush set up, as I believe this will help me get to the root of the problem quicker. For the time being, I have the flush completely off.

I hate to have to unhook all lines, and start from scratch. E-mail me if possible. Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's normal for some product to be made while the system is flushing. Test the water going into the product tank to see if it's of acceptable quality. There might be nothing wrong at all.

washnvac

Reaction score
It is a lot of high tds (100+) water during flush. During production water is fine at 15ppm. (new membranes were installed). The reject control ,and flush solenoid are all tied together in a strange web. The check valve after the flush solenoid is not present, but that is not going to keep flush water from going to the storage tank.

I just thought a real picture might help me tremendously.

MEP001

Reaction score
The "web" you mentioned is a complicated setup to flush the membranes with RO product after each time it runs to fill the tank. IMO it's unnecessary. You could remove the whole mess and leave just one solenoid to relieve pressure on the system to flush the membranes after each run. Every other RO system is set up to flush with the normal incoming water that way.

mac

Reaction score
I have removed all of the flushing parts from many of these systems. You can remove about two 5 gallon buckets worth of parts, and it not only works fine, but there's less items to fail and cause other issues.There are many RO systems made without the flush feature.