What's new

Ginsan Water Lovers RO: 4400 GPD

Sselby

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently trying to revive a 20 year-old RO unit that the previous owner did not take care of. It's the Ginsan Water Lovers RO, 4400 GPD.

I believe the production pump is good, but both delivery pumps (for self-serve and automatic) are toast. The motors are good, but the threads on the body of the shaft have completely broken off (probably water sitting in there and then froze) For context, we currently do not have an IBA so this is just for the self-serve bays.

I know it would be much easier to start fresh with a new unit, but that's not really in the budget for a small-town wash.

Dan has been VERY helpful at Ginsan, but they really just don't have parts for this product anymore. Does anyone have any ideas that they would care to share? If it has to be a new delivery pump, which one is most popular to replace with?

Keno

Reaction score
Can't help you out too much with getting your unit working, but you definitely won't need 4400 GPD for a small town self serve only wash. Way overkill

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
For some reason the car wash industry treats RO like some sort of black magic and charge premium pricees for what can be found in the wholesale water treatment industry for a fraction of the price. With the exception of the logic it's a a mix of generic parts and is relatively simple.

I think MEP mentioned using a large procon pump for delivery for small washes and being pretty happy with pressure up to about three bays. I use a multi stage booster pump I think it's a 1.5HP. If you can deliver 200psi through large solenoids and lines the flow will be decent. You need about 1.5-2 gpm per running bay roughly. Solenoid manifolds tend to have smaller orifices and can greatly restrict flows.

Sselby

Reaction score
For some reason the car wash industry treats RO like some sort of black magic and charge premium pricees for what can be found in the wholesale water treatment industry for a fraction of the price. With the exception of the logic it's a a mix of generic parts and is relatively simple.

I think MEP mentioned using a large procon pump for delivery for small washes and being pretty happy with pressure up to about three bays. I use a multi stage booster pump I think it's a 1.5HP. If you can deliver 200psi through large solenoids and lines the flow will be decent. You need about 1.5-2 gpm per running bay roughly. Solenoid manifolds tend to have smaller orifices and can greatly restrict flows.
@MEP001 any thoughts on this?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
To clarify, we still have most of the parts for these units. What we don't have is the parts to rebuild the pumps.

Now how long we still have some of the parts is anyone's guess. We haven't built on of those in over 15 years.

Last edited:

Sselby

Reaction score
To clarify, we still have most of the parts for these units. What we don't have is the parts to rebuild the pumps.

Now how long we still have some of the parts is anyone's guess. We haven't built on of those in over 15 years.
Thank you for that clarification Dan, I should have been more specific on the pump.

Reaction score
Can't help you out too much with getting your unit working, but you definitely won't need 4400 GPD for a small town self serve only wash. Way overkill
This is a good point. You dont need 4400 GPD. I would try and simplify your unit down to 1 membrane and be closer to 1000 GPD production which is plenty. If your unit has sat for an extensive period of time then your membranes likely need replaced and they are not cheap. $400-500 each. This is the main reason to make your system smaller and only have to buy one membrane but it will also reduce maintenance for the long term. RO systems need to run frequently to regenerate and flush.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Membrane manufacturers will tell you that if the system isn't run for 1 week, the membrane needs to be pulled and put in preservative. Most people don't do this, but you're pushing your luck with shutdowns greater than a week in most cases.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Sselby what model pump is used for production? It's likely to be close enough to what you needed for delivery that you could likely use the same pump. Also do you need single phase or three phase?

Sselby

Reaction score
Sselby what model pump is used for production? It's likely to be close enough to what you needed for delivery that you could likely use the same pump. Also do you need single phase or three phase?
Production pump is Ginsan Part #17002T. It has a Franklin Electric Motor, but they told me it was a Berkeley pump. Its single phase.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Production pump is Ginsan Part #17002T. It has a Franklin Electric Motor, but they told me it was a Berkeley pump. Its single phase.
Depending on the age it could be a Webtrol pump or StaRite. Currently we use pump/motor setups from Berkley.

This would require rewiring and re-plumbing the system.