What's new

Ginsan sensortron

txheat

Reaction score
first time replacing this unit. 2 wires (black & red) at the bottom where coin drop pop off. I order new insert KR. After cutting the wires, i notice there are 2 red&green wire :eek:, which one is which? Carwash maintenance never cease to amaze me. who uses the same colored wires :mad::mad:??? isnt that the purpose of them being different colors?

Reaction score
first time replacing this unit. 2 wires (black & red) at the bottom where coin drop pop off. I order new insert KR. After cutting the wires, i notice there are 2 red&green wire :eek:, which one is which? Carwash maintenance never cease to amaze me. who uses the same colored wires :mad::mad:??? isnt that the purpose of them being different colors?
The red & green are interchangable

MEP001

Reaction score
One of the red/green wires will wire up with the black one, the other will be your coin signal.

They are the same color because the two red/green wires are through a relay that closes with the coin pulse. They are compatible with more timers that way.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
While we're on the subject. I just had one go bad (ginsan sensotron). It would not sense the quarters. I did not do much to trouble shoot the bad one. I just replaced it. Should I throw the old one out or can it be repaired?

MEP001

Reaction score
They only repair Sensortrons that are under warranty. If you can find someone really skilled in electronics they might be able to fix them, but it's probably not worth the bother. Pretty much any other brand can be sent in for repair at about a third the cost of a new one.

txheat

Reaction score
took me a little longer to put the pieces together. with our wiring setup all four wires are separated. It's not tied in with the black wire like it did when i got it from KR. Next time i just have to tag the wires before sniping it..

txheat

Reaction score
took me a little longer to put the pieces together. with our wiring setup all four wires are separated. It's not tied in with the black wire like it did when i got it from KR. Next time i just have to tag the wires before sniping it..

btw i finally got the wheel brush motor from JC ..:)