What's new

GinSan rotary switch doors

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a replacement door for GinSan Touchtron and pushbutton units to change over to Dixmor timers and a rotary switch. I can get them at $120 each but if I order at least 15 it will only be about $70. If anyone has been looking to do this, maybe we can go in together and get a better price. Please reply here if interested and we can hammer out a deal through text/email/PM. I'm looking to get these ordered within two weeks.

MEP001

Reaction score
I forgot to mention these will be Cryptopay-ready as well. I've already got a basic decal for the ones I've been modifying.

chaz

Reaction score
Looks nice. I’d suggest also accepting dollar coins and maybe even bills. I take all and c/c too a good mix

MEP001

Reaction score
The box isn't big enough to hold a bill acceptor, nor are the locks secure enough for it.

chaz

Reaction score
Ah..no room for bills! I’d definitely take dollar coins and quarters and seriously think about pricing in dollar increments and dispense dollar coins from changer. You’ll be amazed at the income increase in the bay with many customers adding another dollar vs. quarter

MEP001

Reaction score
Dollar coins are scarce here. I'd have to order them at the bank and wait 2-3 days, then pay $530 for 500 coins.

Right now I'm just trying to get the metal ordered and cut.

chaz

Reaction score
Yeah...you could always add the dollar coins at a later time.

But wow....that’s crazy being charged an up charge from your bank. My bank does order my dollar coins in $2,000 bulk bags but I pay face value. I also deposit walk in quarters in bulk about $2,000 a month. Does your bank offer a credit when you deposit singles....that obviously saves them fees when buying from their delivery service

pgrzes

Reaction score
Not sure what acceptor your using, but just because you dont dispense dollar coins some people will have them. My feeling is take whatever method of payment the people using your facility might have on them. Microcoin Ql's will even take nickels and dimes. I would not dispense dollar coins but recommend dollar tokens. Aside from convenience, they are a good profit center.
MEP not sure if that decal is complete or not, but I would also add some pizzaz to it. Add your logo, and get your functions printed rather then use decals. Just my opinions.

MEP001

Reaction score
MEP not sure if that decal is complete or not, but I would also add some pizzaz to it. Add your logo, and get your functions printed rather then use decals. Just my opinions.
It's a universal one, I've been getting the functions printed on them instead as well as a nicer looking background.

MEP001

Reaction score
Unless you are dispensing dollar coins, I see little benefit in accepting them.
I see on average two dollar coins come through a week. Every acceptor takes them. Everyone here either collects them or wants to get rid of them ASAP. Stores don't have them in their tills and the post office pulled out all their vending machines that used to give them as change.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Yeah...you could always add the dollar coins at a later time.

But wow....that’s crazy being charged an up charge from your bank. My bank does order my dollar coins in $2,000 bulk bags but I pay face value. I also deposit walk in quarters in bulk about $2,000 a month. Does your bank offer a credit when you deposit singles....that obviously saves them fees when buying from their delivery service
Chaz,

Both good points about increased revenue from a dollar coin vs just quarters ... as long as the dollar coins are made available via a couple of ChangeMakers .... just in case one is down. There are many in the laundromat industry that are proving customers actually appreciate the gain in convenience. As far as what MEP runs into in his specific area ... there should be some type of consequences for those kinds of perp upcharges etc. Enough citizens protesting required??? It points towards an example of a "self serving war on cash" done by executives that stand to gain from "merchant fees" & no other practical cash alternative to the going rates of "merchant fees". IB Washin ... PC was definitely off his rocker when it came to reasonable discussion on that.

I recently attended an SBA workshop (experts galore) on cybersecurity at a local University & the whole two hours was dedicated to how woefully unprepared small businesses are when it comes to compromised payment apps on phones & a long list of other potential entanglements that exceed securing relatively small amounts of cash interaction. The points made by me for the most efficient forms of cash acceptance seemed well taken by the SBA Expert Presenter who had worked in areas where communication towers were down for as long as 8 months.

Back to MEP's project. I suppose the decal openings are a non issue for Mep. For what it is worth ... I was at a family gathering & a niece's mother in law told me that her group had equipment & software that easily makes 100% accurate perforations based on an open source software digital drawing. Hobby & sewing supply shops tend to get involved in those kinds of perforating printers. Inkscape software & the affordable cutting machines' software mesh well with each other ... so I was told.

Mike

nickwallace85

Reaction score
Im looking to get new doors w cryptopay, display timer, alarm, and decal. Reuse my switches and sensatron. Your price seems good, Id like to contact your vendor for a 2nd quote. Thanks.